The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Low Level Fatal Errors Crashing Game Client

Prior to making this post, I submitted multiple crash reports for these errors I have recently been having. These errors began to crash my game client just before the reckoning kicked off last night and continued until just after the reckoning was over. At that point, the game ran fine until I logged off for the night. Logging in this morning I was met with the same error in addition to a couple new ones. Unfortunately, this did not resolve itself and I could not be in game for more than a minute or so before the client crashed. Over the course of twenty or more of these crashes, I saw about three different errors and after numerous attempts to resolve this issue, I was still unable to get rid of them.

Some of the things I did included:
  • Turning down all graphics settings to lowest settings.
  • Updating graphics drivers to most current available.
  • Multiple client/PC restarts.
  • Steam file validation.
  • Uninstall/reinstall game client.

While on discord earlier this afternoon, a clan mate recommended that I try to force dx10. I was not aware this was possible and he guided me in how to get it done. Although I was skeptical, it worked great. By using "-dx10" in the launch options menu for Rend, it has stabilized my client and not resulted in a crash all afternoon. I don't know if it was a fluke, or if it actually did what it needed to do to stabilize the client. I was told that they used it to resolve issues in other games they experienced similar problems with. I'm just glad it worked. I wanted to spread the word since I know first hand how infuriating this error is. So for all of you out there that have this issue, please give this a shot and post whether or not it worked for you. If/when the devs see this, maybe it'll be something they can resolve with a future patch soon™.

Credit to @GrandWar for helping a brother out.

Comments

• Salute ALL Rend Warriors :)_; Thanx @Infinite Bothers for life :)
  • I'm really glad this fix worked, but I don't think this should be a "permanent" fix. I felt confident after playing for some time without crashing and changed my in-game graphics settings to what they were before this started happening. Fortunately, it worked without crashing after making these changes until I was done playing for the night.

Today, post-patch 5.0, I was in game for approximately 2-3 minutes and it crashed again. Next login, I made sure it was forcing dx10 in steam and dropped my GFX settings all back to minimums. There have been some hiccups along the way but no outright crashes. I really hope this is something that is addressed soon™.
  • After minipatch from 28 september I can not load game anymore. Crashes bad_module_info...
    gg...