The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Ichorblight

This has to be the most OP disease/debuff in the game to date. Over my 450+ hours, this is ridiculous. 5 minutes of debuff that wipes out most players full HP bar is a bit eccentric. Maybe make it a 30 second debuff? After all, your only whacking a T2 or is it T3 plant. Come on now... A tad overkill guys, not everyone goes Pathfinder just for cleanse to get rid of this silly debuff.

Comments

• I don't mind this, the games a team game and cleanse makes it really easy to collect this stuff. It's tier 3 and if you need the ichor have someone with pathfinder grab it for you
  • Alternately, use 3 pieces of purple 'swamp' gear if you've got access to it. That debuff is a disease, and that gear makes you immune to it.
  • Where does this one come from? I don't recall any of the Myrkfen diseases being any serious issue which is the T2 zone that likes to disease and poison you.
  • ichorblight comes from the dreadveil
  • edited September 2018
    Dear Jerky

I highly recommend that you take a look at the game mechanics before starting whinning about mechanics in such a manner. The fact is that 3 pieces of Swamp-walker that actually makes you 100% immune to receving the debuff. If you have problems with the disease and you played the game for 450h+ as you mentioned, it never struck you to craft an % to avoid disease armour set??? This is all on you man... Little lack of creativity and using ur own head! Common man, use common sense, rofl. You can also use consumable to remove the buff. And as earlier mentioned, pathfinder can cleanse it. (but who wants that over 20% bonus dmg?????, nerf?)

I really tried being polite, but main point is - You are actually allowed to think logical yourself. With that much game-time you should easily figured out this. I know everyone wanna make the super fancy heavy armour and could not care shit about light armour - But they exist there for a reason - Game developers are very clever people, even though they get alot of sht from people not using their own brains. Go to your happy place and start using brainpower.

And yes - Dreadveil is obviously a t3 zone and ERGO ichorblight is t3 plant. You can farm skyfall ore there. 450h+ you say, commmmon!

Kind regards, berg1sern
  • "tried being polite" ... right ...
  • edited September 2018
    Hamburger wrote: »
    Dear Master Jerky

I highly recommend that you take a look at the game mechanics before starting whinning about mechanics in such a manner. The fact is that 3 pieces of Swamp-walker that actually makes you 100% immune to receving the debuff. If you have problems with the disease and you played the game for 450h+ as you mentioned, it never struck you to craft an % to avoid disease armour set??? This is all on you man... Little lack of creativity and using ur own head! Common man, use common sense, rofl. You can also use consumable to remove the buff. And as earlier mentioned, pathfinder can cleanse it. (but who wants that over 20% bonus dmg?????, nerf?)

I really tried being polite, but main point is - You are actually allowed to think logical(logically, please l2 grammar bro) yourself. With that much game-time you should (have, stop leaving out words oh smart little man) easily figured out this. I know everyone wanna make the super fancy heavy armour and could not care shit about light armour - But they exist there for a reason - Game developers are very clever people, even though they get alot of sht (stop bypassing the disallowed word filter) from people not using their own brains. Go to your happy place and start using brainpower.

And yes - Dreadveil is obviously a t3 zone and ERGO ichorblight is t3 plant. You can farm skyfall ore there. 450h+ you say, commmmon! (What does this last sentence evenhave to do with the OP, nothing, nor does any of this garbage)

Kind regards, berg1sern

You must have lots of friend little man. Do you even real life bro? I know how to play the game, I am quite aware of the armour sets but the DEBUFF itself is what I am talking about. I never said it can't be countered, I am saying that it is simply just too large a debuff. Perhaps you are the one with little intellect that instead of getting on his e-horse thinking he's a clever little man attempting to belittle someone who would most likely deck you IRL, you should stick to finding a job and leaving computer games and the internet, well and truly alone.

TL;DR

Your post had nothing to do with my point of why the debuff is so strong and lengthy. Not at all that "ahh, im an idiot, I can't stop it." So before you post in future, make sure your posting on the topic, not twisting the words to try and be funny and make fun of people because you look like a complete and utter jerk, and for someone like you, who's life revolves around forums, is pretty damning.
  • SaltychipmunkSaltychipmunk ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    well it is in a t4 area it is supposed to be a gating mechanism you have to deal with.
  • To be fair Jerky, even though he was an utter ass about it, he did have valid points. Dealing with the environment is a part of Rend. Different areas require different things to deal with them. There are both A: first aid, and B: armor options to remove the debuff. It's like going to the highlands at night, you need heat protection. Attempting to farm in dreadveil requires protection from it. I might maybe like to see some other options available, like potions to boost disease resistance a bunch (I don't think such a thing exists), but the complaint could be easily argued as invalid. The point of some of the big debuffs in later zones is to force you into gearing to protect you from them.
  • edited September 2018
    *Its a t3 area, but yes, at this stage of the game - The game mechanics should start getting "unforgiving". Using the wrong tools and wrong clothes for the job should punish you heavily. The debuff isn't enough to INSTA kill you, it will take you around 1/3 of your health, to give you a clear indication that you need to do something else in order to farm this node. On top of this you can avoid the debuff all together then I seriously don't understand what the problem with this debuff is in the first place. This just seemed like a really pointless forum thread.

In my opinion the debuff is fine. It does 2/3 of your health and gives the player a clear indication that dread-veil is not a place to mess around in without the correct gear for farming nodes. My apologies for being grumpy earlier, but you are not providing correct information regarding the complaint and ergo I simply misunderstood it.

*edited: Another thing is that dreadveils mechanics also isnt through unforgiving weather - Like Frystfell, skarsyre or alfheim, but it fights you through the nodes and mobs. You can enter dreadveil with totaly normal clothes - But touching anything in there is toxic. If your main point is that this node is anoying to farm, its the same as saying its annoying to have to use fur armour to take the highland outpost... Its not "annoying", its simply the game mechanic.

Even the matter I still think you have no standing in what your writing. This is a t3 zone, it should be hard, the debuff hits you hard. I really do love this game for its unforgiving mechanics even at PVE that actually do mean that we have to be clever about the way we play.

Kind regards Berg1sern
  • If going into that zone you should be getting silk armor regardless. So a couple pieces of silks or a couple pieces of swamp and the entire conversation is moot. My opinion would be to use silks as the debut deoesnt matter if you can’t be poisoned anyways. I’ve probably got more time in that zone than just about anyone else playing the game, just use a couple pieces of silks and the entire zone is a joke. The issue right now is the fact that you can’t jump enough to accomplish much in the zone
  • ZoopshabZoopshab
    edited September 2018
    Its good. There are specialized armors for the swamp and dreadveil. If anything I think the swamp is not dangerous enough with respect to disease. Eventually you dont even need swamp stalker gear to go in there, which I think is actually a bit disappointing.
  • DigoDigo
    edited September 2018
    I’d agree with you on that. Plus you don’t need to do anything but skirt the edges to get everything you need. In fact it’s better to do so and far less dangerous