The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Doors are opened and closed at the same time for different players

edited August 2018 in Bug Reports
First: It would help to report bugs, if you could just search the headlines, if it is reported yet (the search results aren't showing the existing post, if you write "door" for example, even if there is one headline with - but maybe I'm just dumb).

If you want to walk through doorways, there occurs almost everytime rubber banding till you walk back and then very straight towards and through the doorway (it also causes some other issues if you just want to walk up to the adventurers workshop of upgraded building and there is a door close to the stairs - only jumping a couple times helps in such cases). But sometimes this issue happenes even if you walk straight towards and try to walk through open door,

Over Discord we figured out, that the same door seems to be open to some players, while it is closed to other players at the same time, Don't know how to reproduce this.

This seems to happen 1 percent of the times you try to walk through open doorway. It can't be said clearly, because we didn't check it every time it happened.

Win 10, 16GB Ram, 6GB Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Strix, FRITZ!Box 7362 SL.

Comments

• If it can be reproduced, I'd say that's pretty severe because a door might be open for enemy faction members, even if it appears closed to your faction.
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The issue with doors appearing open for some people and closed for others was something I noticed in alpha, but forgot to report. It seems to be an issue where the default position of a door is closed, and the server has to specifically tell the client it is opened and sometimes doesn't. So the door is open, but looks like it's closed to the player when they load in the base/area. This can be tested by walking toward the closed door and continuing to try to walk forward while the door looks closed. Often time, you'll stop for a moment and then teleport to the other side of the door as the server recognizes your forward movement and eventually corrects what it perceives as the client simply having an inaccurate position.
  • This happens very often to me and my mates. kinda annoying
  • It's not just an open and closed state it's also the direction the door is opened.
  • edited August 2018
    Yeah, I also realized that opening direction may cause heavy rubber banding issue, even if you don't want pass the doorway...
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    I've actually been running into the issue of the doors being opened the wrong direction as well on the official servers, took me a while to figure out what was going on.
  • I'd say there is a default state for doors and when the assets load in it doesn't take into account their current active state on the server.
    Made a video showing this mismatch.

• Yeah I realized same like the video showed, sometimes I just walk through closed doors...
  • Yep I have noticed the same issue with major rubber banding by doors until you open and/or close again. Also noticed sometimes a door is left open one way you come back later and it seems to open the other way, again sometimes with rubber banding.
  • Patch 4 (notes are up now) should be addressing this.