The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access 10859 Patch Notes

While Rend’s first major game update is slated for Tuesday, August 7, we wanted to fix a few common usability and balance issues before Rend’s first Early Access weekend. Big thanks go out to all of our Early Access warriors for their constructive feedback during Rend’s first few days!

Game Changes
  • Increased the amount of time a character can be played for before it can no longer be deleted from its server during that saga (match).
Balance Changes
  • Damage caused by debuffs will now be affected as intended by PvP sources.
  • Using Double Jump (Assassin) under the effects of Roc's Wings (Pathfinder) will no longer have reduced gravity for the upwards motion of the Double Jump.
  • Resourceful (Adventuring) no longer affects Research. Also fixed an issue that was causing Resourceful to trigger on every Adventuring craft.
  • Decreased the maximum roll values on the Bow affixes affecting Critical Damage.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a fatal error that occured on the EULA screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing Steam authentication to not work.
  • Fixed a few issues preventing queues from behaving properly.
  • Fixed deleted characters that hadn’t logged out of their server yet overwriting their owner’s new character.
  • Fixed an issue causing Repeater affixes to have excessive Attack Speed.
  • Fixed an issue causing Crossbow affixes to have negative Penetration values.
  • Fixed an issue causing Spike Launcher affixes to have negative Ranged Damage values.
  • Fixed human male faces to not constantly make duck face.
Tagged:

Comments

• Awww, the roc's wings double jump was such a fun interaction between classes. I will be very sad to see this go, maybe put it back in where the gravity reduction is much lower so the jump isn't nearly as high but the interaction is still there?
  • But what if I want to permanently make duck face?
  • Awww, the roc's wings double jump was such a fun interaction between classes. I will be very sad to see this go, maybe put it back in where the gravity reduction is much lower so the jump isn't nearly as high but the interaction is still there?

Exactly what i was going to say, they should reimplement a weaker version of the ability combo along with some other similar combos to keep the game both fun and balanced
  • I hope their server partners start updating server settings and the server itself faster than they are. Nitrado still doesn't have the option to change research amounts.
  • Man we were using that double jump to get back resources that were being jacked from the faction base, by random players running them to their personal bases (newbies apparently don't know about roofs). We lost a LOT of farmed resources after the reckoning when we were trying to rebuild the walls by players yoinking them for their personal base.
  • Taiine wrote: »
    Man we were using that double jump to get back resources that were being jacked from the faction base, by random players running them to their personal bases (newbies apparently don't know about roofs). We lost a LOT of farmed resources after the reckoning when we were trying to rebuild the walls by players yoinking them for their personal base.

We have a number of adjustments on the way that address the issue of container access and lack of early, secure storage.

We'll miss the flying too but it really wasn't an intended interaction between the abilities.
  • But what if I want to permanently make duck face?

Suppose we could reintroduce it as an Ascension-locked cosmetic...
  • VoragaVoraga
    edited August 4
    So you reduced the odd negatives on weapons, like -100% spike damage on the spike launcher. Love that, however at the same time for some reason none of the higher tier weapons show any enchantments anymore, Skyfall Spike Launchers Adept+ being one example... The iron ones do have enchants, just not the higher tiered ones... Hope to see it patched back in, thanks for all your hard work.
  • If your server Reckoning is on Tuesday, will Major patches delay or cancel the reckoning? Or do we get to try to over-come the new bugs during? Also, any notes for what all changes tomorrow? Patch Size? etc? Thanks!