The Official Rend Community Rules
Greetings and well-met, warriors: may your actions and words here bring honor to your faction!
Welcome to the official Rend community! We're pleased you've joined the forums and are eager for you to add your voice to conversations and start new discussions. With that in mind, we ask you speak these words aloud and commit them to memory:
Friendly bidding and welcoming speech
Should he find who comes to the feast;
If renown he would get and again be greeted,
Wisely and well must he act.
-- Excerpt from Hávamál: The Words of Odin, the High One
The official forums are intended as a comfortable, safe environment for ideas, thoughts, and experiences communicated with fellow players and with Frostkeep Studios staff. While you likely share our goal of fostering a constructive and inviting community, precise guidelines help convey just which behaviors and content are appropriate for the official forums. Towards that end, we have compiled the following rules.
Please read the rules in full: not knowing them does not excuse violation of them. Depending on the severity, violations may result in a warning, temporary suspension, or permanent closure of the forum account in question. Participating on the official Rend forums is a privilege granted by Frostkeep Studios, not a right, and may be revoked. For more information, please consult our Terms of Service.
The Official Rend Community Rules
1) CONTENT: The following sections outline language, expressions, images, and naming of characters, accounts, external hyperlinks, or clans, clear or masked, which is not allowed on the Rend official forums.
A. Race, Ethnicity, Nationality, Life Choices, Religion, and Politics
- Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of racial, ethnic, national, life choice, religious, or political hatred or slurs.
- Anything related to non-lore religion.
- Anything related to politics.
B. Sexuality and Violence
- Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of excessively sexual or violent acts.
- Anything that insults or demeans any sexual orientation.
- Any references to violence occurring outside of Rend.
C. Personal Information, Attacks, and Threats
- Any release of personal information about yourself, other individuals, or Frostkeep Studios staff.
- Any language that can be perceived as an attack against other individuals or Frostkeep Studios staff.
- Any direct or veiled threats of any nature including but not limited to violence or legal action made against yourself, other individuals, or Frostkeep Studios staff.
D. Inappropriate Obscenity, Vulgarity, and Profanity
- Anything construed as excessively crude or offensive. Especially with strong opinions, it is important to communicate as constructively and respectfully as possible.
E. Illegal Activity
- Discussing, requesting, or offering illegal activities including copyright infringement (piracy).
F. Harassment and Defamatory Statements
- Anything construed as referring to other individuals or Frostkeep Studios staff using any disallowed content or behavior.
G. Discussion of Moderator Action
- Excessive and direct reference to past, present, or future moderator action on the official Rend forums. If you have questions about or wish to appeal moderator actions, please contact the Community Team privately.
- Excessive discussion of or debate over the official Rend forums rules.
H. Foreign Languages
- Use of foreign languages to circumvent moderation.
- "Calling out" other users or Frostkeep Studios staff that devolves into harassment or attacks in the title or content of a thread or post. You may refer to in-game activities by character or player name but may not reference real-world activities.
- Calling for the firing of Frostkeep Studios staff. Please note, this will result in immediate thread removal and the author's permanent suspension from the forums.
2) BEHAVIOR: The following sections outline actions which are not allowed on the official Rend forums.
- Any language or actions intended to disturb other individuals.
- Any disruption or exploitation of contests and promotions.
- Provocative posting in a non-constructive manner.
- Disruption of official threads started by a staff member.
- Disruptive practical jokes on any day other than April 1.
B. Spamming and Post Content
- Excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases, image or images, or incoherent gibberish.
- Excessive use of all-caps.
- Posts with minimal or no content.
- Posts that do not contribute to the overall conversation.
- Reposting about topics with existing major threads.
- Posting threads that do not belong in a particular subforum.
- Threads or posts whose primary purpose is dramatic effect rather than substantive discussion.
- Posts made only to "bump" a thread to the front page of that forum section, manipulating the order of thread display.
- Evasion of the profanity filter or obscuring of profanity in an attempt to evade detection. Profanity filter limitations are not a defense of evading it.
- Any promotion of non-Frostkeep Studios, non-Rend commercial ventures. This includes direct and veiled promotion or recruitment for other games.
- All forms of illegal or unfair gameplay including the use of third-party applications to gain an unfair advantage.
- If you suspect cheating is taking place or have knowledge of an exploit, please contact our Community Team privately.
E. Multiple Accounts and Impersonation
- Creation of multiple accounts by a single individual on the official forums.
- Creation of multiple accounts to evade suspension or account closure. Suspensions are issued against individuals, not accounts.
- Any impersonation of other individuals or Frostkeep Studios staff.
- Misrepresentation of Frostkeep Studios. This includes falsely quoting moderators or staff members or quoting moderators or staff members in such a way that the content or context of the material quoted is changed.
G. Trading In-Game Items or Accounts for Real-World Currency
- Discussing, requesting, or offering the exchange of in-game items or accounts for real-world currency.
3) MODERATOR PREROGATIVE: Interpretation of the above rules is at the sole discretion of the moderators. Content and behavior outside of these listed rules are also subject to moderator review and action. All decisions made by Frostkeep Studios moderators are final.
4) ACCOUNT CLOSURE: Account closures executed by the Frostkeep Studios moderators are permanent. New accounts made by owners of closed accounts will be summarily closed.
5) FORUM NAMES: Forum names are subject to these rules. Account holders with forum names that are in violation of these rules may be contacted and asked to change their forum name or otherwise warned or suspended from the official Rend forums. If a new appropriate forum name is not provided by the account holder in a reasonable amount of time, it will be changed to an appropriate forum name by Frostkeep Studios moderators.
6) VIOLATIONS: Accounts found to be violating any of these rules may:
- Be given a warning.
- Be given a final warning where any further violations will result in suspension from the official Rend forums or account closure.
- Be temporarily suspended from the official Rend forums.
- Be permanently closed.
In cases where moderator action is required, moderators may edit, move, or delete posts containing violations of the forum rules. As listed above, moderators may warn, suspend, or permanently ban accounts from the forums. The action taken will be based on both the frequency of violations made by a specific user and the specific violation in question. In extreme cases, action may also be taken against game accounts for forum violations.
7) APPEALS: Should you wish to appeal a moderator action such as a warning, suspension, or ban, please contact us via email at [email protected] with your forum name and relevant details for your appeal.
Please note that this list of rules will be updated if necessary. Also, this list is not exhaustive and not all situations are covered by these rules: Frostkeep Studios reserves the right to moderate at our discretion.
Now, with these guidelines in mind, we invite you to add your voice to the official Rend forums and become a constructive member of its community! If you haven’t yet, be sure to post your first thread in the Introductions & Questions section to meet your fellow Rend fans.
Thanks for joining us!