The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Alpha 0.47.91.10556 Patch Notes

Our fifteenth Alpha update introduces some of the last game changes before Early Access! As always, we'll endeavor to include all updates and fixes in these notes but let us know if you discover anything missing.

Game Changes
  • Capped player inventory slots to 250. Players logging in with more than the limit will find the rest of their items in barrels nearby.
  • Servers will no longer show if they have no name or a name that is too short
  • Decreased the cost of sleeping (inactive) AI, improving server performance.
  • Reduced the siege damage to spirit conversion rate for the Divinity Stone.
  • Added new door art and icons.
  • Reduced the scale of the ursas in Heartholm and Stagswood.
  • Items deposited from Structure Upgrades should now correctly grant reputation.
  • Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) now defaults to on when running Rend. If your PC hasn't installed it yet, a prompt to do so will appear.
Balance Changes
  • Assassin
    • Flare is now a milestone talent in the sixth row.
    • Awareness is a new talent added in the third row in Flare’s place that increases your Perception by 3% per rank.
    • Fixed an issue that was allowing Skullcrack to ignore its cooldown.
    • Tumble now has a 3-second cooldown to prevent repeat Tumbles.
    • Reworked Double Jump so that it only resets when the movement simulation thinks you've landed.
  • Personal craft station enhancements are now unlocked by Invention Milestones.
  • Personal craft station enhancement recipe costs adjusted to use tier appropriate materials.
  • Divinity Door health increased to 2000 (up from 1600).
  • Slightly reduced the count of Lost during the Reckoning.
  • Adjusted the Lost's target selection to more favor players during the Reckoning.
  • Reduced the impact of the Lost Draugrs' Haunting Whispers debuff but made it stack. Also removed the stamina drain and instead made it deduct an amount of stamina once.
  • Added critical hit area on yxen and hammerskulls butts per CohhCarnage’s feedback.
  • Added more Wisp spawns to Hearthholm.
  • Wisps now spawn in the Spirit Realm regardless of time of day.
  • Tangled Shot (Pathfinder)
    • Should now correctly apply its debuff and be removed on a miss.
    • Next shot duration reduced to 8 seconds.
    • Snare duration reduced to 5 seconds.
  • Spirit Arrow (Shaman)
    • Fixed an issue that was preventing Spirit Arrow from being removed on a miss.
    • Cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
  • Increased the cast time of the warg's pounce ability.
  • Increased the loot quantity for smaller creatures (hatchlings, gruntlings, pups, etc).
  • Bloated Bug Bite is now a wound instead of disease. Increased the duration and stack count but reduced the impact of the effect. No longer has the weird auto-stacking rules.
  • First Aid consumables now have a cast time and can't be used while moving.
  • Slightly reduced Energy and Hydration drain while sprinting.
  • Reduced Energy and Hydration drain while in Hearthholm.
  • Reduced Energy and Hydration drain while in Faction Stronghold.
Crafting Changes
  • Crafting Interface Organization Overhaul
    • Removed Class, Refinery, and Station Categories.
    • Added Crafting Component and Miscellaneous Categories.
    • You can now find almost all processed crafting components under the Crafting Component Category.
    • Many recipes moved skill trees for better organization.
    • Added craft skill trees for Potions, Poisons, Divinity Seeds, Base Upgrades, Construction Components, Torches, and more.
  • Refineries now have updated icons and art for the Forgeworks, Textile Factory, Sawmill, and Brewer’s Bar.
  • Made changes to Loom, Sawmill, and Tanning Rack recipes to make the recipes more consistent in terms of cost versus payout.
  • Longbows are now repairable.
  • Adjusted several refinery interface layouts to remove or add appropriate recipes.
Interface Changes
  • Yxen no longer walk around on lollipops (hoof icon updated).
  • Updated Assassin and Warlord archetype icons.
  • Added reset filters button to server list.
  • Added in-chat notifications for research being completed.
  • Icon pass for all placeable objects: removing transparent backgrounds and adding black backgrounds and adjusting glow layers and re-assigning incorrect icons to correct icons.
  • Skill perk icons and radial icons are now circular.
Bug Fixes
  • Armories will no longer put boots on your hands or gloves on your feet.
  • Player counts in the server list should properly reflect players who have disconnected outside of the faction base but have not despawned yet.
  • Reduced the visual impact more player movement jitter prevention.
  • (Hopefully) fixed a bug causing campfire inventories to sometimes disappear.
  • Fixed an issue causing refineries with multiple craft queues to have incorrect craft times and display very incorrect queues.
  • Fixed an issue preventing craft station plugs applying their modifiers when they shouldn’t
  • Fixed issue causing Armory to not grant weapons.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented repairing structures in specific circumstances
  • Fixed players not being able to move sometimes while using Journeyman Hardwood Hunting Bow.
  • Fixed typos in research tooltips.
  • Fixed an issue causing doors and braces to change their current health on a server restart
  • Fixed issues with client-side updating of structure plugs
  • Fixed types in Blood for Blood (Warlord) description and tooltip.
  • Fixed personal crafting station not being buildable.
  • Fixed errors with character creation causing the Join button to grey out.
  • Removed Ascension import/export buttons for private servers
  • Fixed an issue preventing hand siege tools from working.
  • Fixed the ability to place braces on walls.
  • Fixed a crash relating to Ascension Import.
  • Fixed a material issue with Stick Bows.
  • Fixed a bug causing creature attack animations to play too quickly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause dropped item containers to destroy themselves early, with items still inside.
Tagged:

Comments

• Out of all those bug fixes the only person who get credited is CohhCarnage? that sucks, the dude doesn't even like your game. ;/
  • AnzarkAnzark
    edited July 28
    Where are all the others people who gave feedback and on which you guys changed stuff around ? HM ? [I'm not talking about myself but others, i don't care about being mentioned, but i do care when i see such a shameless action from devs]

OH just because the guy a streamer you listen and mention him ? Nice.
  • Out of all those bug fixes the only person who get credited is CohhCarnage? that sucks, the dude doesn't even like your game. ;/

Out of the 4hr long stream he did the other day, I don't recall him once saying he didn't like the game. On the contrary, he was giving it praises and lamination
  • Siphaed wrote: »
    Out of all those bug fixes the only person who get credited is CohhCarnage? that sucks, the dude doesn't even like your game. ;/

Out of the 4hr long stream he did the other day, I don't recall him once saying he didn't like the game. On the contrary, he was giving it praises and lamination

CohhCarnage is a mediocre gamer at best.
  • So..It appears New Door Art and Icons are more important than getting your Keybind Options fixed.

I was able to play/test this game for a whole 10-15 mins before I gave up! If only I could change the Keybinds exactly to how I want them, not that buggy hardcoded crap that favors WASD users.

Thank you for giving me an Alpha invite so I can avoid this Game.

Good Luck with your game.
  • JessiKat wrote: »
    So..It appears New Door Art and Icons are more important than getting your Keybind Options fixed.

I was able to play/test this game for a whole 10-15 mins before I gave up! If only I could change the Keybinds exactly to how I want them, not that buggy hardcoded crap that favors WASD users.

Thank you for giving me an Alpha invite so I can avoid this Game.

Good Luck with your game.

It might take a few days for them to get the command patterns written to rebind those keys, but it shouldn't be long. Just be patient. From what I understand it's not likely to be complicated, but FK has their priorities and may have a scheduled date planned for it to go in anyway.