The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Alpha 0.45.0.9646 Patch Notes

Our tenth Alpha update introduces the new player character redesign, archetype talent rebalance, and lots of bug fixes reported by our diligent testers! As always, we'll endeavor to include all updates and fixes in these notes but let us know if you discover anything missing.

Game Changes
  • Added all-new player character models and animations. For more details, check out our Alpha roadmap feature on them.
  • Reworked all archetype talent trees. These talents will be undergoing additional balance and iteration as we continue towards Early Access.
  • All player character talent choices have been reset.
  • Added new cosmetic ruins around the map and updated the look of portals.
  • Teleporting now causes you to drop all equipped items and inventory with the exception of your spirit tools.
    • Even with the weight restrictions, the teleportation system was proving too potent for the transportation of materials, removing significant portions of gameplay.
    • The Divinity Seed teleport system isn’t intended to allow for escape from combat.
    • A warning prompt will appear when teleporting will cause you to drop your items.
    • This only affects base to base teleportation. The portals in the Highlands are unaffected.
  • Buildings and related structures will now load in much faster.
  • Removed outer pylons from Faction Base.
  • Removed collision from the bottom of the Faction Base pylons.
  • New Character Deletion Behavior
    • Accounts will be permitted one character deletion (and faction switch) per cycle, per server.
    • After a set elapsed time since a character was created, the character deletion option will disappear.
  • Adjusted the Faction Base structure grid so that players should be able to step up onto ground level foundations.
Balance Changes
  • Weapon Rebalancing
    • Bow
      • Added zoom in ADS for better long range aiming.
      • Timed reticle to give information on when to fire.
    • Crossbow
      • Decreased reload times by 20%.
      • Increased second burst fire accuracy for easier headshots.
      • Slightly increased zoom on ADS.
      • Increased accuracy of ADS.
      • Slightly increased movement speed while holding the crossbow.
    • Blaster
      • Timed reticle to give information on when to fire.
      • Slightly pulled in cone of fire while standing still.
      • Slightly increased cone of fire while running.
      • Slightly increased movement speed while holding the blaster.
      • Added slight zoom on ADS to give more feedback.
      • Timed reticle to give information when you can fire again.
    • Spike Launcher
      • Decreased zoom of ADS.
      • Increased accuracy of ADS.
      • Slightly decreased bloom from each consecutive shot.
      • Slightly increased movement speed while in ADS.
  • Critical hits on friendly targets will now be registered as a hit.
  • Increased the number of Lost spawns in the Spirit Realm.
  • Decreased Lost Drone health and damage.
  • Decreased the sight and aggro range of the draptor in the Stagswood.
  • Lost that spawn during the Reckoning now spawn slightly closer to the Faction Base to prevent undesired behavior due to the surrounding environment.
  • Decreased the hydration drain from sprinting by ~35%.
  • World now experiences an extended period of night time before the Reckoning.
  • The Enemy Stronghold PvP debuff should no longer remain active during the Reckoning.
Crafting Changes
  • Storage Container Rebalancing
    • Removed all previous storage container recipes.
    • Added the following storage container recipes:
      • Crates: Roughwood, Hardwood, Ironfir, and Runeoak
        • Roughwood Crates start with 21 slots and each subsequent tier has more.
        • Each tier can be upgraded 3 times.
        • Each upgrade adds slots, armor and HP.
      • Trunks: Roughwood, Hardwood, Ironfir, and Runeoak
        • Must be researched.
        • Roughwood Trunks start with 42 slots and each subsequent tier has more.
      • Weapon Racks
        • Can only store weapons.
        • Base Storage: 21 Slots
      • Armor Racks
        • Can only store armors.
        • Base Storage: 21 Slots
Interface Changes
  • Control Point warning for shields dropping now properly displays minutes instead of seconds.
Bug Fixes
  • Fuel inventory now properly displays after interacting with a refinery without a fuel inventory.
  • You can no longer place Divinity Seeds on Control Points.
  • You can no longer place a structure component if it overlaps with a placeable.
  • Fixed another issue with client/server resource data being out of sync.
  • Pets and mounts should now receive PvP damage.
  • Order faction players now also have their faction name listed in chat.
  • Placeable health should now display correctly on load.
  • Added better handling when the client and server disagree whether ammo is loaded.
  • Adjusted spawn point selection to prevent spawning inside objects.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow allidons to stay invisible after burrowing.
  • Fixed various issues that caused personal faction reputation to be calculated incorrectly, occasionally removing Faction Base and chat permissions. Additionally, faction permission will always be at least the worst permission level (“Terrible”).
  • Fixed spawn point selection to not kill the player.
  • Fixed async loading of icons causing uninteractable “ghost” inventory.
  • Fixed the player character position while mounted on the new stag model.
  • Fixed client crash caused by switching weapons.
  • Changed how caves handle reducing visible light to prevent workarounds.
  • Fixed structure component health to update correctly on the client when damaged.
  • Fixed an issue preventing extractors from creating resources in higher tier biomes.
Known Issues
  • Spacebar currently cannot be assigned as a keybind other than the default for jump.
Tagged:

Comments

• With these restrictions, What will the divinity seeds teleportation be used for? The restrictions make it hard to be used for anything because you have to store resources and gear outside of base.
  • TwinbeastTwinbeast
    edited July 19
    As per the statement above about character deletion, it would be nice to know specifically how "new" a character has to be to delete or how many hours I could play before being unable to delete it. This statement was a little vague: "After a set elapsed time since a character was created, the character deletion option will disappear."
    I mostly want to know because I was really excited to move to my friend's faction but couldn't even though I only played two times on that character. I'm still really glad you added it because it could be very useful if anyone ever accidentally makes a character on the wrong faction (like I did) early on.
  • With these restrictions, What will the divinity seeds teleportation be used for? The restrictions make it hard to be used for anything because you have to store resources and gear outside of base.

They'll still be ideal for getting your character where it needs to be rapidly, just not with a boatload of resources in tow.
    Twinbeast wrote: »
    As per the statement above about character deletion, it would be nice to know specifically how "new" a character has to be to delete or how many hours I could play before being unable to delete it. This statement was a little vague: "After a set elapsed time since a character was created, the character deletion option will disappear."
    I mostly want to know because I was really excited to move to my friend's faction but couldn't even though I only played two times on that character. I'm still really glad you added it because it could be very useful if anyone ever accidentally makes a character on the wrong faction (like I did) early on.

We're starting it off at about two hours of game time but may adjust as needed.
  • I like the idea of dropping Ressources before a Teleport. This will create a Situation where you need your Faction to transport Stuff save back to Home. This also gives the Oportunity for Enemys to catch you. Good one... more Deep for the Game
  • XenoXeno ✭✭
    Abraxsus wrote: »
    I like the idea of dropping Ressources before a Teleport. This will create a Situation where you need your Faction to transport Stuff save back to Home. This also gives the Oportunity for Enemys to catch you. Good one... more Deep for the Game

i could not say it better.
    The ore runns in enemy homeland are now highly dangerous.
    As the portals are so far away you cant just run quickly back if you get discorverd.