The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Begins July 31

We are proud to announce that Rend will enter Early Access on Steam later this month. Beginning on Tuesday, July 31, you’ll be able to purchase Rend and join the community shaping the game along its journey to launch. We’d like to highlight our deep appreciation for our tenacious Alpha testers on their diligent and ongoing help in preparing Rend for its Early Access debut!

From Jeremy Wood, co-founder and CEO of Frostkeep Studios:
“Early access marks a pivotal moment for Frostkeep Studios. We have been developing Rend side-by-side with our players since we first announced the game and are grateful for the invaluable feedback they provided to help shape Rend into what it has become today: the game they want to play.”

Read more at https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/rend-early-access-begins-july-31
Tagged:

Comments

• Im so happy to hear that. you have came a long way guys. I wish you the best and im ready to go all crazy with promoting this amazing game.
  • Well that's cool. Now I don't have to wait in suspense to see if I'll get to check this game out soon. I'll be happy to try some early access.
  • Wow really happy the Early Access starts this soon. Thought this may take till the last quarter of the year. Looking forward for a lot of fun and maaaaaany hours riding around a boar and mocking all who doesn't ! :D C U <3
  • LETSSS GOOOOO !!
  • Can't wait! Seems like it's been in my Steam Wishlist since the beginning of time. :p
  • XenoXeno ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    according to the article the release is on tuseday. If you keep the reconing times then that means 24 hours until the first reconning after EA release. If you stay true to that then i can allready see the review bombing.
    Me and many others in alpha allready pointed out that 1 reconing per week on saturday is more then enough combined with the controll points ( if you fix them )

wich brings me to the next point the controll points.
    Magen made an exelent post about the offhour raiding and that in itself will generate a lot negativ reviews. People hate off hour raiding even more so when they put hours into building defenses befor that. It should not be a problem to have controll points contested only once per day at the reconing times (not on reconing day). All CPs at the same time. Making the whole CPs less of who has more time to play and more of who has the best strategy.

There is also the griefing problem.
    What about the steahling of faction ressources to build personal and clan bases? Or worse Steahling faction ress and hording them in personal and clan bases The permision system cant block those.
    I know that the faction controlls are comming soon but some info on how you plan to fix this would be nice as this is a buy or not buy factor for me.
    Do you plan to have faction leaders like in my feedback or only go with the permision system or even something else? Again concrete infos would be nice. The roadmap is not clear about it and with so few days remaining you at FK should allready be sure how the rest of the roadmap.

Also the storage and inventory problem.
    Not beeing able to auto sort your inventory and chest. I mean sorting by weight , rarity and type are standarts among any mmo.
    You also still cant custom split a stack. For example taking 50 arrows of stack of 500 fast. Instat of just typing 50 into the number field you have to click hundred of times just to get the number you need you cant even hold the mouse butten on it. Thats basic mmo stuff too.
    What about the Warehouse?
    It was one of the best idea you guys at Frostkeep had only linking it to the permision system ruinined it.
    There was the idea of having the faction leader select res that need farming.
    The res inside like befor can not be taken and only be used in crafting.
    IT would fix so many problems and if you ask about it on alpha discord enough people would make suggestions how to implement it in a good way.

Hit reg is another problem.
    More often then not you shoot at mobs only to see no dmg apearing.
    This hapens to all weapons but bows top the list

Last the login que. Discussions where had yet after over 8 month still no solution.
    As of now people who build up the base and invested a lot of time may not be able play during the reconning if they are late. Wich btw works against everyone who has a full time job. Ideas of locking the server where made once 60 acive players are on the server with kick votes once someone is becomming inactive. yet no statement from you guys for or against this.
    The leadership announced in the social system roadmap is again not clear about the subject. Will the faction leaders ( highest rep player) be able to kick people / griefers , will he be able to lock the faction to active poeple only?

All these problems and you still want to go EA? As someone who played Pre alpha and alpha with a total of 160 hours, i can tell that the state of the game is nowhere near the following line:
    "Early Access is when Rend is in a state where even if we were to never update it again, it would be considered a complete game worthy of purchase by its players."

Complet game? Never update again? Do you guys at Frostkeep play another Rend? BC the current alpha build is miles away from a complet game or one that never needs an update again.

I know you plan to complet the rest of the roadmap within the last days until EA but these things need a lot of testing. At least tell us how the final EA version will look like bc as statet abouce you at FK you allready have the designs finished by now considering the little time until EA.

This might be harsh and i mean no evil with this statement. I invested a lot of time in this game bc i see the potential and it hurts me that so many age old problems are not adressed or only adressed with rough unclear statements.

All these these things are facts that decide if buy or not buy in the end and not only for me.
  • Seriously, this game is looking pretty beastly! I can't wait to play!
  • Xenotor wrote: »
    according to the article the release is on tuseday. If you keep the reconing times then that means 24 hours until the first reconning after EA release. If you stay true to that then i can allready see the review bombing.
    Me and many others in alpha allready pointed out that 1 reconing per week on saturday is more then enough combined with the controll points ( if you fix them )

Magen made an exelent post about the offhour raiding and that in itself will generate a lot negativ reviews. People hate off hour raiding even more so when they put hours into building defenses befor that. It should not be a problem to have controll points contested only once per day at the reconing times (not on reconing day). All CPs at the same time. Making the whole CPs less of who has more time to play and more of who has the best strategy.

Good to see a honest comment from an alpha warrior. It sure seems not to be a "fully developed" game, but i guess for the statement "the game gets to EA when they consider it nearly finished" to be true, would mean that they stayed in Alpha much longer and with each point on the roadmap there come many more suggestions on how to solve upcoming bugs and issues.
    The list gets longer and the EA would delay much further, surely to 2019.
    Its good they plan on giving out alpha keys to everyone signed up, so the current community has the chance to test before buying, but depending on how late they invite us, they may shorten the time for us to build up an oppinion. Feels to me like at the end 80% of the alpha players will be the ones coming last and are forced to decide quick either it made a good progress or it didn't, even if we had no to little impact on the developement in alpha. But then again Early Acces is nothing less except we have to pay a fee to test and suggest :P .
    I still think EA is the way to go (at least they don't do the 'cubeWorld' thingy !!!) and after they are done with the roadmap they have the time and capacity to handle suggestions and issues.
  • Xenotor wrote: »

What about the steahling of faction ressources to build personal and clan bases? Or worse Steahling faction ress and hording them in personal and clan bases The permision system cant block those.
    I know that the faction controlls are comming soon but some info on how you plan to fix this would be nice as this is a buy or not buy factor for me.
    Do you plan to have faction leaders like in my feedback or only go with the permision system or even something else? Again concrete infos would be nice. The roadmap is not clear about it and with so few days remaining you at FK should allready be sure how the rest of the roadmap.

Not beeing able to auto sort your inventory and chest. I mean sorting by weight , rarity and type are standarts among any mmo.
    You also still cant custom split a stack. For example taking 50 arrows of stack of 500 fast. Instat of just typing 50 into the number field you have to click hundred of times just to get the number you need you cant even hold the mouse butten on it. Thats basic mmo stuff too.
    It was one of the best idea you guys at Frostkeep had only linking it to the permision system ruinined it.
    IT would fix so many problems and if you ask about it on alpha discord enough people would make suggestions how to implement it in a good way.

Last the login que. Discussions where had yet after over 8 month still no solution.
    As of now people who build up the base and invested a lot of time may not be able play during the reconning if they are late. Wich btw works against everyone who has a full time job. Ideas of locking the server where made once 60 acive players are on the server with kick votes once someone is becomming inactive. yet no statement from you guys for or against this.
    The leadership announced in the social system roadmap is again not clear about the subject. Will the faction leaders ( highest rep player) be able to kick people / griefers , will he be able to lock the faction to active poeple only?

All these problems and you still want to go EA? As someone who played Pre alpha and alpha with a total of 160 hours, i can tell that the state of the game is nowhere near the following line:
    "Early Access is when Rend is in a state where even if we were to never update it again, it would be considered a complete game worthy of purchase by its players."

Complet game? Never update again? Do you guys at Frostkeep play another Rend? BC the current alpha build is miles away from a complet game or one that never needs an update again.

I know you plan to complet the rest of the roadmap within the last days until EA but these things need a lot of testing. At least tell us how the final EA version will look like bc as statet abouce you at FK you allready have the designs finished by now considering the little time until EA.

This might be harsh and i mean no evil with this statement. I invested a lot of time in this game bc i see the potential and it hurts me that so many age old problems are not adressed or only adressed with rough unclear statements.

All these these things are facts that decide if buy or not buy in the end and not only for me.

Please don't listen to the care bear. Most people I know are asking for more times when bases can be attacked. Don't change anything with the PVP, this guy is just a care bear that wants to play SIMS online. Thank you.
  • XenoXeno ✭✭
    Sirbalin wrote: »
    Xenotor wrote: »

Please don't listen to the care bear. Most people I know are asking for more times when bases can be attacked. Don't change anything with the PVP, this guy is just a care bear that wants to play SIMS online. Thank you.

I see that you did not read my post. I love pvp, balanced PVP that is. Did you even play the alpha yet? I played both pre alpha and alpha and discused my post with others who did the same befor posting.
    Did you build up the base from scratch and know how mutch time and res is needed to do that? If you read my other posts you would know that im accually encouraging more pvp like a return of the early iron mines.
    I also encourage balanced mini recononing in form of the controll points.
    Rather then doing PVBase like its now, with set times it would be a real pvp event.

Having the reconning 2 times per week is making comebacks for the weaker factions allready close to impossible, as you need to focus far to mutch time on rebuilding the base instat of farming hier tier res to lessen the gap in equipment to the winning faction.

"most people i know" Is like telling someone you come soon. It tells nothing. I would also recommend not speaking for others bc if these people you know are really for more unbalanced pvp, then they would post that in the feedback forum.
  • I would respond with, "get good." Kidding, but at the same time I'm not. If you are getting steamrolled...I mean, get better, work harder, move on to the next server in a week or so when this one ends. Reconning needs to happen more often, when you have quality groups facing off, this could be the deciding factor. It goes both ways..you can't just worry about those that suck, you have to worry about strong groups as well. The players that will say, this is boring, not enough Reconning, i'm out. So, maybe they will make the rankings mean something and help with a ladder system, would be cool..hard to do but cool. Push Reconning back a few days the first week, but then it should be more often, again, you are worried about those that suck, I'm worried about those that don't.
  • A week or so when that one ends? They said they wanted the “matches” or games or whatever to last between and month or two, so if you are just bouncing from server to server on a weekly basis you’re probably not really doing anything. The Reckoning event you’re right it could be the deciding factor for whether or not a Faction wins or loses. But because it should play such a pivotal role in Factions meeting the win condition is exactly why it should occur less often. The more frequent the event the quicker factions will meet the win condition and the faster servers will reset and though that is ultimately the goal it is still meant to occur once some actual time has passed. It sounds to me as though there should be plenty of other stuff to keep you busy even if the Reckoning was only let’s say once a week. You will have the overall progression of your character, building/maintaining your personal base (if you choose to have one) building/maintaining the faction base, resource farming/taming, fighting over CPs, raiding other personal bases, the constant PvP when you encounter other players, plus just overall time lost to travel, exploring, other nonsense things that always seem to come up in games
    like these. One issue games like this run into is having things like your personal base being vulnerable 24/7 no one can play that much it’s impossible and what that ultimately leads to is a lot of offline BS. You destroying another structure or killing someone’s stuff when they are not around is NOT PvP. Which is why he suggested putting the CPs on a timer or the same timer as the Reckoning because than you have to make more decisions, do you have everyone defend the faction base, do you have some guys go defend/capture the CPs, do you attack another faction base, do you go raid a personal base you think has a lot of valuable stuff? But by having the personal bases and CPs just always vulnerable it makes it easy to say forget those during the Reckoning we can get them any other time right now we will just focus on this one thing and then you aren’t forced to make any major potential game changing decisions. One big reason is quit playing Ark was because of the lack of legit PvP, getting on just to see I was offline raided over and over again is enough to make anyone quit. I think the Reckoning should be a game changing event that if not handled correctly will result in the defeat of your faction, but if that’s the case then it can’t be something that happens all the time.
  • What price will be in Russia?
  • If a faction is playing it right no one would keep anything in a personal base for to long.
  • I think the personal base and the lack of focus on the faction base is gonna plague a lot of servers. They already changed it to where a faction cannot be wiped out completely by having their faction base destroyed, I would be willing to bet that a lot of factions were having issues effectively defending their base. I think people are gonna be building their own buildings and keeping their stuff in them like crazy, the biggest reason to me is that the way the servers are set up you possibly won’t even meet half the people who play on the same faction as you. 

• I am from Brazil and I met the game today I found it very cool but I have a certain doubt will have to buy it?
  • Hello, Will the game be available to purchase via steam keys on amazon, or solely through steam? Thanks.
  • Excuse me if I glossed over this somewhere, but are current alpha players going to still have access to the game after it moves to the Early Access phase?
  • There's a whipe coming tomorow so all the alpha accounts are gone.
    Each alpha warrior had to purchase the game for its price to keep playing, else frost keep would have made a huge mistake sending out keys in the last weeks. 
  • Ah ok. I thought maybe there was a possibility that we would continue testing in Early Access.