The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

World Map please!

Please give us a world map! It would make life much something for us new players. Even if you have to explore the map to unlock it. 

Comments

• The game needs to include an in-game map you can pull up to show an icon of where you are on it. Also, the daytime duration  is too short if you compare it to the nighttime duration. These two things are why I stopped playing the game. Other than that, it’s a fun game to play. 
  • I'm personally not a fan of being able to pull up a map when you want I'm a visual learner and don't need a map so I like to use that skill to my advantage in my opinion having a map people like me don't get to show off their skills but I don't mind a like war map added to the game placed somewhere in the faction base for new players to study tho.
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    Even if it's turned off by default, I'm a big fan of the availability of the map. There's a sizable chunk of players who simply lack the ability to get to know the terrain in such a fashion that they'll be able to effectively play the game. Having at least a server option for private servers to display a map with an option to display the player location I think will benefit... but right now I'm not certain it's worthwhile. I won't be surprised to see another substantial change to the map layout before Rend leaves EA. A map would just be another thing to go through and update every time they change the game world.
  • I generally prefer not having the map. It adds to the feeling of surviving in a remote area and having to explore/remember landmarks. As exploration and adventure is a large portion of the gameplay and draw for the player base, I would really be disappointed if a map was implemented. Even if they want a map in the game or you unlocked the ability to make a faction map at the base later; it's just not likely at the top of the priority list at this current moment in the development process. People have released generalized maps of the area online. This can go a long way to familiarizing yourself with regions.
  • Turael wrote: »
    I generally prefer not having the map. It adds to the feeling of surviving in a remote area and having to explore/remember landmarks. As exploration and adventure is a large portion of the gameplay and draw for the player base, I would really be disappointed if a map was implemented. Even if they want a map in the game or you unlocked the ability to make a faction map at the base later; it's just not likely at the top of the priority list at this current moment in the development process. People have released generalized maps of the area online. This can go a long way to familiarizing yourself with regions.

Having a map would make venturing into the swamp or shroomland nothing like it is now. That would not be a good thing.

Rend is not a big world, and getting to know it is part of the fun. Having a map takes that away.