The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

World Map please!

Please give us a world map! It would make life much something for us new players. Even if you have to explore the map to unlock it. 

Comments

• The game needs to include an in-game map you can pull up to show an icon of where you are on it. Also, the daytime duration  is too short if you compare it to the nighttime duration. These two things are why I stopped playing the game. Other than that, it’s a fun game to play. 
  • I'm personally not a fan of being able to pull up a map when you want I'm a visual learner and don't need a map so I like to use that skill to my advantage in my opinion having a map people like me don't get to show off their skills but I don't mind a like war map added to the game placed somewhere in the faction base for new players to study tho.
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    Even if it's turned off by default, I'm a big fan of the availability of the map. There's a sizable chunk of players who simply lack the ability to get to know the terrain in such a fashion that they'll be able to effectively play the game. Having at least a server option for private servers to display a map with an option to display the player location I think will benefit... but right now I'm not certain it's worthwhile. I won't be surprised to see another substantial change to the map layout before Rend leaves EA. A map would just be another thing to go through and update every time they change the game world.
  • I generally prefer not having the map. It adds to the feeling of surviving in a remote area and having to explore/remember landmarks. As exploration and adventure is a large portion of the gameplay and draw for the player base, I would really be disappointed if a map was implemented. Even if they want a map in the game or you unlocked the ability to make a faction map at the base later; it's just not likely at the top of the priority list at this current moment in the development process. People have released generalized maps of the area online. This can go a long way to familiarizing yourself with regions.
  • Turael wrote: »
    I generally prefer not having the map. It adds to the feeling of surviving in a remote area and having to explore/remember landmarks. As exploration and adventure is a large portion of the gameplay and draw for the player base, I would really be disappointed if a map was implemented. Even if they want a map in the game or you unlocked the ability to make a faction map at the base later; it's just not likely at the top of the priority list at this current moment in the development process. People have released generalized maps of the area online. This can go a long way to familiarizing yourself with regions.

Having a map would make venturing into the swamp or shroomland nothing like it is now. That would not be a good thing.

Rend is not a big world, and getting to know it is part of the fun. Having a map takes that away.

• I agree with BigFig, as a survival game and map not being big overall having a map would just kill the fun of the game. As a survival you will walk into areas that can kill you or help you but you wont know until you explore it. Not only that but you as a survival got to learn landmarks to learn your way thru the world this way you make an image of the map in your head to know shroomland is right and swamps are left. With all that said I think having a map is just not something that should be put it so that the real survival aspect of the game is there.
  • The game does not need a map, neither by default nor as a possibility to activate. This is a survival game, and survival games do not need maps. To be honest, there is more than enough information knowing about which types of regions you can find, and even on Internet you can find a distribution of the areas, which is triangular and symmetrical for every faction. So use this, and then you will know where is everything. That is more than enough, perhaps far too much...The great thing here is to locate places that let you kno where you are, how close you are to your base or to dangers, experiment with turning left and facing a creepy monster instead of going right to harvest that material that you needed. I dont know how many times I've thought "Ok, my next step has to be to craft my next tier armor...but where the hell do I find this material? Let's go find out". That makes the game special, otherwise we would get bored of grinding materials, don't you think? Searching for those makes the game playable and not just another grinding game as there are many of them around.
    So no, no map needed from my perspective. One could consider to include a Notebook, for example, to take hand notes or even to do drawings to remember your way back to certain places. Something like that would work.