The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

New issues that I'm confident is hurting the game right now/my experiences

The main issue from the people that I was playing with on the new map on doomspear is during the reckoning facing the lost it's either really laggy or low frames. Then after the lost is defeated the frames will comeback and it's not laggy but if a lot of players come to attack there is a lot of lag or low frames for people. The first reckoning of the saga is not that bad with the lag or low frames it seems to get bad when we start getting a lot of structures built. The second reckoning when we had a lot of structures built when we were fighting other player the lag and frames was pretty bad me personally i was getting 5 to 15 frames the whole fight for 45 minutes. After experiencing this it gave me this idea for the game by instead of having base designers/builders have a pre base design or designs that can be researched I feel like by doing this it would help with frames and lag.

Another thing I feel like there need to be more storage there was so many stoves in our base i believe we had like a 100 stoves for like relics,bandages,ore,food,harnesses,backpacks and waterskins not sure if i missed something but basically anything that does not have a storage box.

A very annoying issue that I'm getting on doomspear and exploration mode is a stutter every 3 to 4 seconds the game like freezes and then catches back up for a split second that's the best way i can explain it. I have talk to 2 people one person said they've the same issue and the other said they don't have it at all so i don't know how many people have this issue.

Something else I've noticed is the first 2 days of doomspear I feel like i was getting around 60 frames but after my frames seem to get worse and worse. After a week on doomspear i'm now getting like 25 to 45 frames. Which I'm guessing it's because all the storage around the map causing it.

Last Issue that I was having which is rare when I would enter like a new biom like dreadveil or myrkfen for example when i shoot something i would get a very delayed reaction and creatures would go to a location that I'm not at and would start attacking and i would start getting hurt or i would get killed.

Also if I need to submit a ticket with dxdiag to help fix these issues let me know.

Comments

• The game still has general framerate issues when there too much it needs to draw. Hopefully this will get progressively better throughout EA as more optimization gets done.

There not being a place to put consumables/gear is an issue I've heard a lot of people complain about. Hopefully we'll get it soon.
  • Yeah I hope it gets better.

Also new issue that a lot of people did not like from our 3rd reckoning is people could just take everything out of our armory. I personally did not like this either I think there should be a health bar on the armory that the enemy has to destroy before they can take the loot and also have some type of indication that the loot is being taken.

My idea for getting more frames for the reckoning is have the unnecessary stuff teleported away from the base while the reckoning is going on so we don't have to load it. I feel like that would help with frames a lot and I feel like that would be a good idea until it gets optimized.
  • The new tuned-up reckoning and aggravating changes to the creatures are why I am quitting.,...

I loved this game. I loved it so much that I played for 260 hours in the three weeks that I have owned the game. The changes to the creatures and the fact that this is the only game that has problems with being set up on my own box as a server (so that I can change what I do not like) is what has, pretty much, killed it for me.

Your ham-fisted alterations KILLED the Godsbane server.... especially your changes to the Reckoning. I'm done for now. I've had enough. The Artifacts were great fun. The person that thought of the creature aggro changes and souping up The Lost to 1-shot people in Max Armor and rape t3 walls in literal seconds is a sadist that need to be punched in the mouth repeatedly and never be allowed to make another game-changing decision again.

I'm turning my back on all the AP I've earned.... I am LOSING MY ENTIRE INVESTMENT because three of us cannot do it alone now that everyone has left.

Wasting my money.... not a problem. I've shat out more expensive dinners than I paid for Rend.

Now WASTING MY LIFE by wasting my time? That is a cardinal sin... one that you have just committed. I will no longer waste my time with Rend unless:

a.) You fix the BS Reckoning and monster alterations
    b.) You end the game THAT YOU RUINED on Godsbane and transfer everyone's AP to them.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much done. Going to Atlas. Hasta la Vista. You know what to go do with yourselves. And from the looks of your continued diminishing server numbers, seems I'm far from alone in my sentiments. You go with chasing the vocal minority who love these changes, I'll go somewhere ELSE where I am having fun.

That somewhere else used to be REND.
  • Mortavius wrote: »
    The new tuned-up reckoning and aggravating changes to the creatures are why I am quitting.,...

I loved this game. I loved it so much that I played for 260 hours in the three weeks that I have owned the game. The changes to the creatures and the fact that this is the only game that has problems with being set up on my own box as a server (so that I can change what I do not like) is what has, pretty much, killed it for me.

Your ham-fisted alterations KILLED the Godsbane server.... especially your changes to the Reckoning. I'm done for now. I've had enough. The Artifacts were great fun. The person that thought of the creature aggro changes and souping up The Lost to 1-shot people in Max Armor and rape t3 walls in literal seconds is a sadist that need to be punched in the mouth repeatedly and never be allowed to make another game-changing decision again.

I'm turning my back on all the AP I've earned.... I am LOSING MY ENTIRE INVESTMENT because three of us cannot do it alone now that everyone has left.

Wasting my money.... not a problem. I've shat out more expensive dinners than I paid for Rend.

Now WASTING MY LIFE by wasting my time? That is a cardinal sin... one that you have just committed. I will no longer waste my time with Rend unless:

a.) You fix the BS Reckoning and monster alterations
    b.) You end the game THAT YOU RUINED on Godsbane and transfer everyone's AP to them.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much done. Going to Atlas. Hasta la Vista. You know what to go do with yourselves. And from the looks of your continued diminishing server numbers, seems I'm far from alone in my sentiments. You go with chasing the vocal minority who love these changes, I'll go somewhere ELSE where I am having fun.

That somewhere else used to be REND.

Woah man devs have a life too. No reason to take out ur anger on them they've made a lot of changes to the game in the past few months and only a few of them people are unhappy with so I see that as them heading in the right direction. When there is a lot of changes to something there is gonna always be issues you have to give it time. Have you ever heard the phrase whining and complaining will get you nowhere because it's true. From the way you wrote all that sounds like ur going through a lot in life to that I say I hope you get better.
  • sargecasey wrote: »
    Another thing I feel like there need to be more storage there was so many stoves in our base i believe we had like a 100 stoves for like relics,bandages,ore,food,harnesses,backpacks and waterskins not sure if i missed something but basically anything that does not have a storage box.

A very annoying issue that I'm getting on doomspear and exploration mode is a stutter every 3 to 4 seconds the game like freezes and then catches back up for a split second that's the best way i can explain it. I have talk to 2 people one person said they've the same issue and the other said they don't have it at all so i don't know how many people have this issue.

100% agree with you on the storage point. Using hoven as storage make no sense when we can craft chest that are made to hold item but cannot place it within the stronghold. For your 2nd point, I do expercience a sort of stutter thats hard to describe but its as if every few second, it's like im being teleported a few feet forward (mostly). I have a 120mb/s connection and a good enough computer to run the game at max setting but that "stutter" happen even at the lowest setting. It get very annoying real fast, especially when you end up in a hole that was feet away from you. Thank you for pointing this out, I tought I was the only one with the issue.
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain that the teleporting forward is a result of a client/server desync where the server thinks you are running but the client doesn't. So the client has you walking forward, but the server has you running and as a result the server routinely has to correct your location, because it has authority. It's usually corrected simply by running for a moment I believe.
  • I've been so busy on Doomspear I missed the replies. I will say the stutter I was having got fixed. Also i used to have the lag forward and it looks like that kinda got fixed as well i still get it but it's a lot more rare now.