The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

FK still there?

The forums seem quiet. The game seems quiet. The Staff of FK seems quiet. Is there a plan?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• FrumpylumpsFrumpylumps ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Check out https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/rend-community-issues-board

You could also ask them on discord.

• This is the official forum they should be active here and not in fucking discord. From the beginning of EA they prefer to use discord. Multiple times an hour before an update came they write in discord " in the next hour an update will come". Nothing on the official website.

Another fail of this company. R.I.P Rend.
  • Thanks @Frumpylumps I wish they used the forums more, but it is what it is. The communication is just not there on how they are going to salvage the game. It's too bad, because the concept really had potential.
  • @Meram then FK should not make forum there and just put a link to a discord server. It is awful to not support OFFICIAL website's forum, GG.
  • I don't have access to the Rend Discord. I have submitted numerous tickets and no one seems to know what is wrong.
  • Nah, just relax, nobody cares. The game is dead. Developers are developers (no abusing is allowed :D)
  • Game is dead , FK even worse then Wildcard lmfao
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    For the love of all things unholy... tone things back a hairline. You think you're upset that the game isn't what you want it to be? I promise you FK is far less happy with the situation. They published a letter at the end of last month detailed their plans, complete with a roadmap for fall and winter and other documents detailing what they're working on. I don't expect people to have faith that FK is gonna make Rend into the amazing game that we all want, I can't even say that I do, but at least have enough patience to let them try to implement it. These changes don't come over the course of a month. Honestly, I doubt we'll see all of them implemented this year. Kudos to FK for wanting to have it done by "mid december", but I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if it's done by then. Development takes a metric fuck ton of time & patience.
  • Less than 3 months in EA and people saying the game is dead...

REND needs improvements and several fixes (and please, other ways for winning and faction balance :3 ). DEV's are working on that, so, players must be patient, go and play other game, take a break from REND and wait for the upcoming updates.

Let's not bury the game yet.
  • JotaCe wrote: »
    Less than 3 months in EA and people saying the game is dead...

REND needs improvements and several fixes (and please, other ways for winning and faction balance :3 ). DEV's are working on that, so, players must be patient, go and play other game, take a break from REND and wait for the upcoming updates.

Let's not bury the game yet.

You still dont understand, is a player count of a game so incredible low, a game wont come back. There are dozens of other EA games with a higher player count in the first months which died in the same way like rend. FK failed in patching the right things. For example, who need balancing changes of the weapons in multiple patches while core mechanics of the game are still broken?

They didnt reduce the price to try to get new players. Dont come with " game is not ready" bullshit. The game is in EA since 3 months if it is so buggy and shitty( its not) to not try to get new players, then they started the EA much to early. Now the player count is so low that im sure. Rend will never have an comeback, maybe as f2p game.
  • Scapes wrote: »
    Meram wrote: »
    The forums seem quiet. The game seems quiet. The Staff of FK seems quiet. Is there a plan?

The Fall-Winter Early Access roadmap details the game updates we're planning for the months to come with our first major patch expected to deploy later this month.
    Toranes wrote: »
    This is the official forum they should be active here and not in fucking discord. From the beginning of EA they prefer to use discord. Multiple times an hour before an update came they write in discord " in the next hour an update will come". Nothing on the official website.
    EZPhantom wrote: »
    It is awful to not support OFFICIAL website's forum, GG.

Most of the Rend community is active on the official Discord and we're engaging with players on all of our communication channels (including our forums). Game updates are communicated on the forums in the Server Status and Patch Notes subforums.
    DruidGamer wrote: »
    I don't have access to the Rend Discord. I have submitted numerous tickets and no one seems to know what is wrong.

PM me your Discord username, will see what's up.

Do you and your boss know how low the player count is? What is FK plan to get new players? Do you think the players will come back after the next patches? I mean there were many patches and the player count still decreased every day. You should have some plans to get players back.
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @Toranes

I want to expose and example:

No Man's Sky was a game with to many problems when it was launched. There was like 40 k people playing (myself included), but, 1 month later, there was just 3 k active players and 2 month later, no more than 1 k.
    2 years later (Ago-2018) they launch a hugh update, fixing several things and included several improvements and players return to the game, there was like 30 k active players that enjoy the new content and are more happy with the game than 2 years ago. (the price, at least in Steam it's the same, they didn't low the price)

Thats my point, DEV's can improve a game after launch day (REND is still in EA) making a hugh and very good update and players will return to play. Thats why we ask you for patient. But, it's ok if you don't have that, when the new updates arrives you're welcome to return and test the game. ;)
  • No mans Sky had a very huge marketing campaign. No mans sky was in multiple sales. No mans sky was not an EA game. No mans sky was unique( in the idea) after the realease the people realised they got scammed :D.

And now no mans sky has an daily peak of 3150 players. There were not 40k players at launch, there were 212k and after the multiplayer update every gaming magazine made news about the update.

So are we done with this bullshit comparison?
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Don't worry, i'm done with trolls like you. People who think in your own truth and only their opinion is valid. You can still hate the game and keep wasting your time around here, believing that the only bullshit solution is to lower the price. The day you contribute new ideas to improve the game, come back and write something clever.

Have a good life sir ;)
  • JotaCe wrote: »
    Don't worry, i'm done with trolls like you. People who think in your own truth and only their opinion is valid. You can still hate the game and keep wasting your time around here, believing that the only bullshit solution is to lower the price. The day you contribute new ideas to improve the game, come back and write something clever.

Have a good life sir ;)

Troll? I just answered and you have absolutely no arguments against this. Thats not my own truth, its the truth of the gaming community that games with a low player count like this die. There are enough EA games on steam which die the same way. I wrote this multiple times but it seems you cant understand this.

I not hate the game i wrote every time that the game has much potential. You should learn to read correctly. I never wrote that the "only" solution is to lower the price. I wrote its very important to reduce the price to get new players. They can still patch the game while the price is a bit lower or not? Maybe then Rend get a few players. Only patching and hoping that the player will come back is absolutely bullshit. It dont work so far. After every patch the player count decreased.

In August i wrote multiple times in the forum to give "ideas" but FK dont care. Many other player done the same but nothing.... Just weapon balance changes and other useless stuff was in the patches....
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You said: "i wrote multiple times in the forum to give "ideas" but FK dont care." Thats YOUR truth. You don't know nothing, they're working on improve the game, they already have a road map, you don't know if they listen or not your ideas, you need to wait the next update.
    We can feedback the game, obviously, but that doesn't mean that DEV's are forced to listen/read us. I would love that REND will have another ways to win, not just the spirit race, but if that doesn't match to the DEV's road map...

With the NMS example, i tried to show that if a game has problems of losing active players a couple of months after his launch, they have the tools and the knowledge to remake some things and update and improve the game to make players come back to be active.

NMS was a huge project and several DEV's behind them and the support of SONY, YES, they sold to many copies and earn a lot of money, YES, but they didn't care that and they went to work to improve the game for the players and right now, 2 years later, the game is far better.
    REND is in EA, so, with more reason, they can improve the game and they are working right now, although they don't listen or read you. They have time, REND it's only in his 3rd month of EA, so, again, be patient. Take a break and come in a couple of months to see if they listen us or not.

Finally, If you don't want that somebody call you troll, well, don't act like one, and don't call people's ideas or opinions "bullshit". If you respect me, i respect you. ;)
  • I know that they give a fuck cause multiple people wrote in the forum in august. Many many players told FK we need an faction balancing system and i wrote my idea in the forum. Nothing happend so far and it cant take so much time to make a system like that. If they listen to the community this system should be in game right now...

Yes i will test Rend in a couple of months IF they have more then 500 players.

• Is this game any good?
  • Ninjaloot wrote: »
    Is this game any good?

Nope, cause you cant play it with overall 30 players online (which are playing on different servers).