The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Flazh freezing is just ridiculous

I have tier 3 fur armor on with 5 points in cold resistance in pathfinder and also 2 points in ascension for cold resistance.
Still I get killed in like 5 seconds by flash freezing, It's just way too powerful and it makes the game quite annoying to play imho.
I know that I should have had a potion with me but I feel that equipped with tier 3 gear and pathfinder spec + ascension it should at least slow it a bit.

Comments

• Fur armor makes it harder to get to flash freezing. It does not lower the damage. I would advise you not to go into the roots area during the winter debuff without a greater elixir of warming and t3 fur, and a torch if you can.
  • simply put the time you get the debuff vs to the time it takes to get out of the area is flawed, the damage is WAAAAY to high to fast.. this debuff should be reworked a lot in my opinion. its basically instant death when you see it.
  • Zaphieon wrote: »
    simply put the time you get the debuff vs to the time it takes to get out of the area is flawed, the damage is WAAAAY to high to fast.. this debuff should be reworked a lot in my opinion. its basically instant death when you see it.

pay attention to your body temperature and you should not have an issue. You can use salves to keep your body temp up for brief excursions into cold areas. There are two damaging states before flash freezing so you should have plenty of warning before flash freezing.
  • When I last played enough to really deal with the temperature mechanics, body temperature changed too rapidly. You can go from taking no damage to taking flash freezing damage taking only one tick of damage somewhere in between. I have no issue with the flash freezing being a quick kill, but slowing down the rate at which body temperature changes would probably be a welcome change to give you a moment to realize that you're some place you shouldn't be.
  • It does seem to make it overly difficult to recover a body in a very cold areas considering you'll need a full set of expensive gear to do so.
  • Also, adding tickmarks to the UI where the different temperature buffs start/end would be useful. Combined with slowing down the rate of change, it would allow you to actually utilize salves effectively for shorter excursions into areas with high/low temperature.