The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 5.1: Patch Notes

edited October 12 in Patch Notes
Patch 5.1 introduces gameplay improvements and bug fixes reported by the community and reflected on the Community Issues board. It also marks Rend's transition to Unreal Engine 4.20.

General
  • Updated Rend to Unreal Engine 4.20 from 4.19.
  • Adjusted faction stronghold lighting to improve performance.
  • Further improved player movement smoothing algorithm from Patch 5.
  • Favorited servers are now stored account-wide rather than client-side.
  • Vaults can no longer be placed in faction strongholds.
Balance
  • Assassin
    • Swapped +0.5% headshot damage for +1% accuracy per point spent.
  • Shaman
    • Swapped +1% accuracy for +0.5% mount speed per point spent.
  • Removed the increased PvP damage passively gained from all weapon skill perks.
    • Passive increases granted from weapon skill perks now only deal additional damage to creatures.
  • Increased Spirit Tool melee attack damage:
    • Tier 1: 5 damage
    • Tier 2: 7 damage
    • Tier 3: 8 damage
    • Tier 4: 10 damage
  • Decreased siege sledge damage at higher tiers:
    • Enchanted Crumblestone Sledge: from 3 to 2
    • Cragstone Battering Sledge: from 7 to 3
    • Granite Battering Sledge: from 12 to 4.5
    • Aesirok Battering Sledge: from 18 to 6
  • Decreased repeater damage by 25%.
  • Increased crossbow damage to creatures by 10%.
  • Added a delay after a structure takes damage during which it cannot be repaired.
  • Removed the Bloody Backpack and Rancid Stench debuffs from the game.
Creatures
  • Added effects to Stagswood that impacts dynamically-spawning creatures.
  • Prowltooth
    • Increased perception range.
    • Increased aware duration.
  • Banshee (Large)
    • Increased perception range.
    • Now has a ranged attack.
  • Banshee (Small)
    • Reduced perception range.
    • Now instantly aggros its targets.
  • Ursa
    • Drastically increased aware duration.
    • Now approaches its target during its aware state.
  • Duskcrawler
    • Uses its ranged attack more often.
  • Territorial Draak
    • Now has a reliable ranged attack.
  • Improved the Hammerskull and Warg movement animations.
  • Many of the Rocs found in the Highlands are now larger and possibly meaner.
  • Yxen in the Highlands have found new food sources and grown to even larger sizes.
  • Roc and Yxen cubs in the Highlands now have new movement behaviors.
  • Arachnix has a new idle animation.
Pets
  • Pets will no longer pass through enemy faction stronghold shields.
Interface
  • Adjusted formatting for weapon tooltip damage and attacks per second.
    • Attack speed now displays as "Attacks per Second" meaning bigger numbers are better, because we like bigger numbers.
  • Improved the damage taken indicators, including a new HUD directional damage indicator.
  • Added indicators for confirming hits and critical hits while attacking.
  • Water in waterskins now displays as a whole number.
  • Adjusted the buff display interface (buff tooltips now use the standard tooltip system).
Audio
  • Added bow pullback and nocking sounds to indicate when you are able to fire.
  • Added bomb fuse and explosion sounds.
  • Added UI sounds for confirming hits and critical hits while attacking.
  • Added Spirit World ambience soundtrack.
Bug Fixes
  • Clipping of the weapon is now checked before allowing it to hit a target, such as clipping a faction stronghold shield.
  • Placeables can no longer be placed out of line of sight, such as being blocked by faction stronghold shields.
  • Taming Crystals can no longer target or affect other players.
  • Removed recipe references to pyresilk and bront heads as neither currently drop.
  • Headshots on players should no longer display dirt impact visual effects.
  • Matched hair color swatches to how they’re rendered in-game.
  • Hearthfur Boots and Hearthfur Pants now correctly require Divine Heavy Leather instead of Heavy Leather.
  • Empty spell slots will no longer display empty mouseover tooltips.
  • Control Point reward chests will now correctly display the owner’s name.
  • Fixed typo in Adventure's Lodge skill tree.
  • Fixed typo with Per Level Skills displaying the wrong bonuses.
  • Fixed typos in Keybinding menu.
  • Fixed typo in Shattering Shot (Warlord) description.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Last Stand (Warlord) to take a very long time to trigger after it had triggered once.
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing barricades from dealing damage to players.
  • Fixed Roc and Yxen knockback, hitboxes, and range in the Highlands.
Tagged:

Comments

  • @Scapes good patch notes. But Rend need more players. Reduce the price! today a peak of 164 players.......
  • FrumpylumpsFrumpylumps ✭✭
    edited October 10
    Toranes wrote: »
    @Scapes good patch notes. But Rend need more players. Reduce the price! today a peak of 164 players.......

    I disagree on reducing the price now. The game needs more improvement first before trying to attract more people. Industry knowledge says that players are not as likely to give an game with advanced development a chance after they have already tried it in its erroneous beginnings.
  • I agree something has to be done because Rend is great, its fun. Except nobody plays it, everyone quit because servers fail to hold players. The losing faction simply leaves after being slightly behind because they can just go somewhere else for AP. IMO AP plagues the game, people are greedy and want more of it so no reason to hang around if youre not leading faction. Another huge thing is, theres 50 servers with no players. Literally make 5 servers and they will be active, people will come back and enjoy the game again then. By the looks of it the game is just sitting at a bad rep and will be tossed out if nothing is done.
  • they have to decrease the number of servers
  • I disagree with a lot in this patch. As someone with over 400 hours in this game now, I can't sit by and watch this game self-destruct anymore than it already has. I PvP in this game more than most people which includes breaking into player bases, but now it is going to be almost impossible with the nerfs to jumping a couple patches ago, PvP pets like draptors no longer doing any kind of usable damage, assassin losing any "crit damage" and giving accuracy instead, removing ALL PvP damage from weapon skills, completely neutering siege hammers and making them practically useless, decreasing one of the best PvP weapons (repeaters) by 25% damage, taking away the debuffs that force you to cook food if you haven't taken grotesque, and adding hitmarkers the size of the moon so once you do hit an enemy player, you lose track of them. And to mention this is the only the issues with PvP. The issues with pets submarining into the ground when you dismount on any slight incline, the intense lag spikes every 5-15 minutes that either kick you from the server for a restart, or ultimately get you killed from running into a hole or dying by a random mob or even PvP, just to name a few things.

    That's not to say there haven't been good things added to the game, but unfortunately the bad is heavily outweighing the good and most people are quitting due to these issues.

    I would hate to see this game go under, but if things keep going the way they are, it's inevitably going to happen.
  • Toranes wrote: »
    @Scapes good patch notes. But Rend need more players. Reduce the price! today a peak of 164 players.......

    I disagree on reducing the price now. The game needs more improvement first before trying to attract more people. Industry knowledge says that players are not as likely to give an game with advanced development a chance after they have already tried it in its erroneous beginnings.

    Yeah i know you disagree and write allways the same (like my " reduce the price") but you are still in your dreamland like the devs which dont want to reduce the price. Playercount is decreasing every day but you say " no need to reduce the price". Game is in a state in which the devs could reduce the price. But i think its to late anyways. If a game has an absolutely low playercount like this it wont have an comeback.

    But yeah you think the day will come after 2 or 3 new patches that 3000 players will log in right? Sure that will happen.
    Im sure there are not more than 5 players a day which buy the game so it makes no sense to let the price how it is.
  • @Redcom you only gained 1% extra pvp damage on a weapon when it was lvl 100 so no big deal there
  • Redcom wrote: »
    I disagree with a lot in this patch. As someone with over 400 hours in this game now, I can't sit by and watch this game self-destruct anymore than it already has. I PvP in this game more than most people which includes breaking into player bases, but now it is going to be almost impossible with the nerfs to jumping a couple patches ago, PvP pets like draptors no longer doing any kind of usable damage, assassin losing any "crit damage" and giving accuracy instead, removing ALL PvP damage from weapon skills, completely neutering siege hammers and making them practically useless, decreasing one of the best PvP weapons (repeaters) by 25% damage, taking away the debuffs that force you to cook food if you haven't taken grotesque, and adding hitmarkers the size of the moon so once you do hit an enemy player, you lose track of them. And to mention this is the only the issues with PvP. The issues with pets submarining into the ground when you dismount on any slight incline, the intense lag spikes every 5-15 minutes that either kick you from the server for a restart, or ultimately get you killed from running into a hole or dying by a random mob or even PvP, just to name a few things.

    That's not to say there haven't been good things added to the game, but unfortunately the bad is heavily outweighing the good and most people are quitting due to these issues.

    I would hate to see this game go under, but if things keep going the way they are, it's inevitably going to happen.

    I actually disagree with most of what you have said.

    The changes to raiding bases prior to this patch ruined that mechanic. Sure you could raid bases easily .. but the end result was that there literally were no bases to raid except for the ones that abuse map geography. The bases you did find were all inconsequential or dummy bases that deliberately had no value. Worse the change made building on outposts entirely meaningless because all it took was one dude with a few hammers at 3 am to take that heavily fortified base. This is why prior to 5.1 most factions stopped caring about outposts. you would let the dominant faction at the time the shields fall take it with no contest and then take it back when they went to bed.

    Nerfing siege hammers means it might almost be worth using personal bases and outposts again. almost ....offline raiding is a bad mechanic and hammers are what enable it.

    As for the assassin changes , most of the assassins i know think it is a buff. being able to land multiple shots in rapid succession was always more important than 10 - 15% more damaging head shots. The exception being builds deliberately designed for head shots like skull crack bow ambush builds. But those builds were not healthy.

    The repeater needed a nerf. Even with the reduced damage repeaters armed with any kind of poison are still over performing in early game until silk armor gets unlocked. You yourself said they were one of the best pvp weapons .. in a game where all the weapons need to be good in pvp. logic says you bring the outliers down or up.
  • edited October 10
    Toranes wrote: »
    @Scapes good patch notes. But Rend need more players. Reduce the price! today a peak of 164 players.......

    The Price is not the problem (sure, cheaper would be fair but wouldn't solve the problem), but the players. This is game depends on teamplay and that doesn't work in most cases. That is why I for example don't play anymore.

    They released the game too early into EA, it would have helped more to release in later stage of dev. than low prize (it is too high for what they offer). But they can't take it back, so they have to deal with a big damage to the game and community (and to lower the prize would fuck up those who payed more!). BUT: 1) I hope they have enough ressources to bring the game to what it is meant to be (what also means to bring in different creatures in different biomes and not the same everywhere); 2) they should not listen too much to what players say, because everybody's darling is everybody's fool. 3) I hope they had and still have a vision of what this game could and should be and they stick to their vision.
  • FrumpylumpsFrumpylumps ✭✭
    edited October 10
    Toranes wrote: »
    Toranes wrote: »
    @Scapes good patch notes. But Rend need more players. Reduce the price! today a peak of 164 players.......

    I disagree on reducing the price now. The game needs more improvement first before trying to attract more people. Industry knowledge says that players are not as likely to give an game with advanced development a chance after they have already tried it in its erroneous beginnings.

    Yeah i know you disagree and write allways the same (like my " reduce the price") but you are still in your dreamland like the devs which dont want to reduce the price. Playercount is decreasing every day but you say " no need to reduce the price". Game is in a state in which the devs could reduce the price. But i think its to late anyways. If a game has an absolutely low playercount like this it wont have an comeback.

    But yeah you think the day will come after 2 or 3 new patches that 3000 players will log in right? Sure that will happen.
    Im sure there are not more than 5 players a day which buy the game so it makes no sense to let the price how it is.

    Reducing the price is only a short term solution to YOUR problem. If it was helpful to the game, the devs would have done it already. You seem like you are just completely clueless to how game development works.

    You don't need 3000 players to fill up a server, you only need 60. Players have already started to consolidate themselves to bring healthy populations to servers in NA and EU.

    So many potatoes thinking they know more about how to create and market a game than the people who went to school to do so.

    I feel bad for the developers that they have to deal with clueless people like Toranes
  • edited October 10
    Redcom wrote: »
    I disagree with a lot in this patch. As someone with over 400 hours in this game now, I can't sit by and watch this game self-destruct anymore than it already has. I PvP in this game more than most people which includes breaking into player bases, but now it is going to be almost impossible with the nerfs to jumping a couple patches ago, PvP pets like draptors no longer doing any kind of usable damage, assassin losing any "crit damage" and giving accuracy instead, removing ALL PvP damage from weapon skills, completely neutering siege hammers and making them practically useless, decreasing one of the best PvP weapons (repeaters) by 25% damage, taking away the debuffs that force you to cook food if you haven't taken grotesque, and adding hitmarkers the size of the moon so once you do hit an enemy player, you lose track of them. And to mention this is the only the issues with PvP. The issues with pets submarining into the ground when you dismount on any slight incline, the intense lag spikes every 5-15 minutes that either kick you from the server for a restart, or ultimately get you killed from running into a hole or dying by a random mob or even PvP, just to name a few things.

    That's not to say there haven't been good things added to the game, but unfortunately the bad is heavily outweighing the good and most people are quitting due to these issues.

    I would hate to see this game go under, but if things keep going the way they are, it's inevitably going to happen.

    People who are using repeaters for PvP aren't good pvper, because they don't ever support the factions much, they don't play anything else than ambush T1 areas or supriseattack noobs or new players. And what i read so far, players like you empty almost every server, even you own faction members. As someone who played over 500h (and no hour during the past 2 weeks) I saw full servers (20 20 20) cleaned by raiders and repeater groups in one day down (to 00 02 02 at last server for example). The effect of these actions didn't only empty the weaker factions, but their own as well. The Problem in this case is, that PvP is a part of the game and not the goal as such. PvP is not the same in any game. If you play this game like Rust, then you empty the server like it happens in Rust, but that is counterproductive in this game. In my views there are two main ways to play PvP: Fight with your enemies or against him. That sounds similar, but fighting with you enemy means having good fights (even if you loose the fight), while fighting against him means to destroy your enemy. Pretty sure that destroying your enemy is not the intended way of fighting, because if you destroy your enemy, most of your own faction members stop playing as well, because most want have good fights and not empty servers (but won the destruction game).

    And again the repeater and bad pvp. A good PvPer would kill you with hunting or sniper bow, before you get close enough. If most of your victims would have been good PvPers, they would have killed you and you wouldn't use a repeater at all, because it would be useless vs good PvPers. But pretty sure, if that would have been the case, you would have stoped playing after less then 100h. Maybe that would have helped to keep the player base up, more than your moaning.
  • SaltychipmunkSaltychipmunk ✭✭✭
    edited October 10
    Yeah, the zero sum game of pvp right now is probably why this game's population is dying so fast. Losing is one thing I have been on the losing side 5 games in a row.

    Losing the spirit or tech race is not in of itself the reason why people stop playing . It is a contributor looming over everyone's head or placed deep in the back of their minds.

    but the real reason people quit are events that push them over the edge. A server crash that see them lose their shit over the side of the world. A toxic community or some drama caused by trolls internal to factions .. but the most damning ones are the gankers

    Gankers killed this game. Gankers are why we only have 200 people playing now, those bored people who only get a jolly out of exploiting clear flaws in the game design for quick short term thrills.

    Rends resource investment to how easy it is to lose those resources is positively borked. We all know it is. But despite this tons of people kept ganking and raiding and ninja capping until people got sick of the bullshit and left the game.
  • Toranes wrote: »
    Toranes wrote: »
    @Scapes good patch notes. But Rend need more players. Reduce the price! today a peak of 164 players.......

    I disagree on reducing the price now. The game needs more improvement first before trying to attract more people. Industry knowledge says that players are not as likely to give an game with advanced development a chance after they have already tried it in its erroneous beginnings.

    Yeah i know you disagree and write allways the same (like my " reduce the price") but you are still in your dreamland like the devs which dont want to reduce the price. Playercount is decreasing every day but you say " no need to reduce the price". Game is in a state in which the devs could reduce the price. But i think its to late anyways. If a game has an absolutely low playercount like this it wont have an comeback.

    But yeah you think the day will come after 2 or 3 new patches that 3000 players will log in right? Sure that will happen.
    Im sure there are not more than 5 players a day which buy the game so it makes no sense to let the price how it is.

    Reducing the price is only a short term solution to YOUR problem. If it was helpful to the game, the devs would have done it already. You seem like you are just completely clueless to how game development works.

    You don't need 3000 players to fill up a server, you only need 60. Players have already started to consolidate themselves to bring healthy populations to servers in NA and EU.

    So many potatoes thinking they know more about how to create and market a game than the people who went to school to do so.

    I feel bad for the developers that they have to deal with clueless people like Toranes



    Dude this game need more players. Its actually dead. In 2-3 weeks there are not enough players to fill a server. For sure a lowered price would help. Seems like you are an big fanboy of the game and the devs. So if it would help the devs have done it? If they have an idea whats wrong with the game they already had released an faction balance system. But that not happend after all the weeks.

    Oh really only 60 player to fill a server? wow thanks for this info.

    You are the only potato cause you defend devs which give a fuck about the problems. I never told they should reduce the price and stop working on patches. There is simply no reason to let the price at 30 dollars/euros cause noone buy the game actually. Where is the problem to reduce the price and get more players?

    Nevermind. Rend is dead anyways. In the last 2 days mostly under 100 players.
  • laxcs wrote: »
    they have to decrease the number of servers

    One of the issues we have with decreasing the number of servers is that currently your ascension points/perks are server specific. We should have a fix for this coming in soon (tm), and once that's in we should be able to better size the number of servers we have to match our player base, because we won't be deleting anyone's stuff
  • I've played on multiple MMO, the fact is the PvP is a good things but killing the game. From my experience on Rend, we where 20 20 20 on our last serv, one of the faction got 1 russian streamer who only make pvp and nothing else ... he kill something like 6 ppl in a row in the T1 area... it make me (and many others from my faction or enemies's faction) stop to play. Ganked for 30mn with nothing to counter him was a little bit ... BORING for keep my words.

    Whatever from my experience with many MMO (14 years of game), this game need to protect the Hearthholm and Stagswood areas with something like "old spirits who protect the border", making enemies blocked at this "wall" (except during the Reckoning where we all have to defend ourself). Why ?
    -It's the main "housing" area, and what more fucking boring than to build a "house" and get explosed when you are not here for defend it. More than that, it's many many farm lose and can t even make something because you are @ work ...
    -It protect new character
    -It protect you from get ganked when you are farming T1 ressources ...

    And for the T2 / T3.... ressources, forced to get in the area where u can find some ppl to fight because it's still fun to pvp and you have to balance your farm and risk to get ganked.

    And for making income some player, think about a free week or 2 free week (or week end) and if the player during this time want to buy the game grant him a 10-15-20% reduced ticket (in his steam inventory ?). You can also make a "multiple" key pack at -10/20/30/40/50 for 1-2-3-4-5 ppl (like some games).
    I let you read and see what you want to do and i go back to translate the rend in French ^^
  • Ive been coding fortune 500 in-house software for over 12 years.  Ive been coding and working with game engines for 8. You too are morons if you think it would be difficult to transfer and store data in a more centralized space. 5-10 lines of code MAX i stand by my assessment and am willing to prove it. Just because a lot of "programmers" these days learn code doesn't mean they are good at it.
  • The game is not ready for more players or price changes or anything which promotes more sales atm, and to do so would further break any trust people have with the game/FK right now. The community has become more and more toxic, and there is really no sense in exposing more potential future players with that.

    The server/faction balance issue remains without a viable solution. Until that issue is resolved, the player base will remain small and continue to decrease. I fully expect to be attacked again in this forum for pointing this out, again, but that fact cannot be brushed away. By all means, consolidate the remaining servers, take all the fish and put them in one pond; but the result will be the same: 1-3 days and the server will collapse.
Sign In or Register to comment.