The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Your thoughts on the game's current speed

Currently, the game usually takes around 4-6 weeks for a faction has claimed victory, and while this a great concept in theory, it seems that a good amount of players wont commit to games of that duration.

However, this is from what I have seen and from how I feel. Personally, I can get behind being on the same faction and server for a few weeks, but a month or month and a half feels a bit too long. I think it would be an improvement if things were sped up (Victory cap lowered to 500,000-750,000 , Increased tool damage based on skill level, passive research gain, etc) so that the game ends in 2-3 weeks.

What do you think? Is the pace of the game good? Or could it benefit from being sped up by 25-50%?

Comments

• The grind gets too heavy towards the end, that's the problem most people have.
  • The grind is pretty constant throughout though. infact in certain cases grind gets dramatically accelerated. You can particularly see this with mystic and invention spark . mystic gets tolerable at t3 and a single person can farm 20k sparks of invention over a few morning sky fall runs
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    I think this has less to do with 'length of game' and more to do with a lack of engaging content. The game feels like a grind, and that tends to be reasonably well tolerated the first time through. For some people they're good with it indefinitely, but for the vast majority of gamers... if you're going to expect repeatedly doing it that feeling of grinding has to be reduced. I think FK's ultimate goal is a feeling of 'playing the game is it's own reward'. The gameplay itself is sufficiently engaging and rewarding because it feels right and at no point do you feel like you're grinding.

This ultimately ties into solving problems with the win condition and server longevity on lopsided servers. While more can and should be done to alleviate problems with servers dying because one faction pulls ahead, if the gameplay is simply and inherently enjoyable people will be more inclined to stick around on a losing server.
  • SaltychipmunkSaltychipmunk ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Well if they want more pvp , they need to make pvp less painful for the losing team.

We are actually having this issue right now.

1 team is winning via tech and spirit, the other has a large pvp core. The pvp core wants more pvp but the farmers have decided not to show up to play at all because they know they will just lose their gear. So the pvp players get to cap uncontested outposts and look for people to gank. And the farmers are finding more and more interesting ways to avoid interaction with the pvp players at all costs.

It is rather interesting to see the lengths the two sides are going to now to effectively spite the other.
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    I mean... I totally didn't say back before the alpha started (during F&F2) that PvP needed to be less zero-sum... totally didn't do that at all... ^_^