The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Help Localize Rend with Crowdin

While the team works on bringing new features and gameplay improvements to Rend over the next weeks, you can help us by translating "ascension", "saga", and more than 30,000 other words into one of seven initial languages! A popular practice among indie titles like Rend, we're looking to our international audience of gamers worldwide for expertise in Rend and bilingual fluency with languages spoken where the survival genre has the broadest reach. We'll be using a localization management platform called Crowdin that has helped a number of games on Steam reach broader audiences through crowdsourced translations of game strings (lines of text).

We'll be kicking things off with the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.

...

Read more at https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/localize-rend-using-crowdin
Tagged:

Comments

  • So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?
  • So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    Yep thats what he want :D. Player count is decreasing around 15 player every day and they give a fuck about that. Yeah localizing the game is very important now.....NOT. @Scapes this post is a punch in the face for the players which dont want a dead game. You give a fuck about my post in the " dev letter fall 2018" and now you ask the community to help you guys out? in 2 Weeks there are less than 100 player left and you talk about this not important shit...
  • So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    I think you're right, but if it helps them, and there are people willing to do that, then this shouldn't be a problem. Translations have to be inspected at the end anyway, checked for inaccuracies and consistency if you want to have really good translation. It's harder to do that if there are multiple people doing translations, so there is some work to do at the end anyway. Once again, if it helps them, and some people want to do that, why not ?
    Toranes wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    Yep thats what he want :D. Player count is decreasing around 15 player every day and they give a fuck about that. Yeah localizing the game is very important now.....NOT. @Scapes this post is a punch in the face for the players which dont want a dead game. You give a fuck about my post in the " dev letter fall 2018" and now you ask the community to help you guys out? in 2 Weeks there are less than 100 player left and you talk about this not important shit...

    When there is problem in one of the aspects of the game it doesn't mean that everything else must be kept on hold. I believe there are people addressing and thinking about problem you're writing. One more thing is that there are players which don't play the game because of language barrier. Adding more languages most likely won't resolve issue all together, but surely will help add some players that aren't fluent in English. Don't hate them just because they're trying to develop game in few directions that overall improves quality of the game.
  • ToranesToranes
    edited October 2018
    Vegrath wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    I think you're right, but if it helps them, and there are people willing to do that, then this shouldn't be a problem. Translations have to be inspected at the end anyway, checked for inaccuracies and consistency if you want to have really good translation. It's harder to do that if there are multiple people doing translations, so there is some work to do at the end anyway. Once again, if it helps them, and some people want to do that, why not ?
    Toranes wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    Yep thats what he want :D. Player count is decreasing around 15 player every day and they give a fuck about that. Yeah localizing the game is very important now.....NOT. @Scapes this post is a punch in the face for the players which dont want a dead game. You give a fuck about my post in the " dev letter fall 2018" and now you ask the community to help you guys out? in 2 Weeks there are less than 100 player left and you talk about this not important shit...

    When there is problem in one of the aspects of the game it doesn't mean that everything else must be kept on hold. I believe there are people addressing and thinking about problem you're writing. One more thing is that there are players which don't play the game because of language barrier. Adding more languages most likely won't resolve issue all together, but surely will help add some players that aren't fluent in English. Don't hate them just because they're trying to develop game in few directions that overall improves quality of the game.



    Nah i dont hate them. Why should i? Im just a bit pissed cause i see the next early access game dieing very fast and the devs dont care or they dont care enough. Im very sure there are much much more people which dont play the game cause they dont know it or more important, they already have the game like me, but cant start on a new server cause there is not a single server near to the max 60 players.

    I absolutely cant understand devs like them. There are so much other early access games which failed exactly like rend. They are dreaming. Scapes said in another post that they want to patch the game first. Do they really think that a day will come where 3000 player will log in just because the better state of the game? That never happend on a game with this extremly low player count. They should reduce the price fast. I dont think there are more than 5 player a day which buy the game. If they reduce the price to 15 dollars or something we would get much more players and could play the game like it should.
  • Toranes wrote: »
    Vegrath wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    I think you're right, but if it helps them, and there are people willing to do that, then this shouldn't be a problem. Translations have to be inspected at the end anyway, checked for inaccuracies and consistency if you want to have really good translation. It's harder to do that if there are multiple people doing translations, so there is some work to do at the end anyway. Once again, if it helps them, and some people want to do that, why not ?
    Toranes wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    Yep thats what he want :D. Player count is decreasing around 15 player every day and they give a fuck about that. Yeah localizing the game is very important now.....NOT. @Scapes this post is a punch in the face for the players which dont want a dead game. You give a fuck about my post in the " dev letter fall 2018" and now you ask the community to help you guys out? in 2 Weeks there are less than 100 player left and you talk about this not important shit...

    When there is problem in one of the aspects of the game it doesn't mean that everything else must be kept on hold. I believe there are people addressing and thinking about problem you're writing. One more thing is that there are players which don't play the game because of language barrier. Adding more languages most likely won't resolve issue all together, but surely will help add some players that aren't fluent in English. Don't hate them just because they're trying to develop game in few directions that overall improves quality of the game.



    Nah i dont hate them. Why should i? Im just a bit pissed cause i see the next early access game dieing very fast and the devs dont care or they dont care enough. Im very sure there are much much more people which dont play the game cause they dont know it or more important, they already have the game like me, but cant start on a new server cause there is not a single server near to the max 60 players.

    I absolutely cant understand devs like them. There are so much other early access games which failed exactly like rend. They are dreaming. Scapes said in another post that they want to patch the game first. Do they really think that a day will come where 3000 player will log in just because the better state of the game? That never happend on a game with this extremly low player count. They should reduce the price fast. I dont think there are more than 5 player a day which buy the game. If they reduce the price to 15 dollars or something we would get much more players and could play the game like it should.

    I can understand your frustration, but hey you gave just 3 propositions on how to expand playerbase. Improve marketing strategy, improve server management and lowering price. I bet there is topic that would gladly welcome these ideas if you expanded them a little on how exactly improve these things. Letting players do the translation is killing 2 birds with one stone, game is being developed, but doesn't require full attention of the developing team at the moment, while they're doing something else.

    Let's move the issue with dropping playerbase to it's own topic, and leave this one with translation cases, what do you say ? :)
  • Vegrath wrote: »
    Toranes wrote: »
    Vegrath wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    I think you're right, but if it helps them, and there are people willing to do that, then this shouldn't be a problem. Translations have to be inspected at the end anyway, checked for inaccuracies and consistency if you want to have really good translation. It's harder to do that if there are multiple people doing translations, so there is some work to do at the end anyway. Once again, if it helps them, and some people want to do that, why not ?
    Toranes wrote: »
    So you let the players doing your job if i getting it right ?

    Yep thats what he want :D. Player count is decreasing around 15 player every day and they give a fuck about that. Yeah localizing the game is very important now.....NOT. @Scapes this post is a punch in the face for the players which dont want a dead game. You give a fuck about my post in the " dev letter fall 2018" and now you ask the community to help you guys out? in 2 Weeks there are less than 100 player left and you talk about this not important shit...

    When there is problem in one of the aspects of the game it doesn't mean that everything else must be kept on hold. I believe there are people addressing and thinking about problem you're writing. One more thing is that there are players which don't play the game because of language barrier. Adding more languages most likely won't resolve issue all together, but surely will help add some players that aren't fluent in English. Don't hate them just because they're trying to develop game in few directions that overall improves quality of the game.



    Nah i dont hate them. Why should i? Im just a bit pissed cause i see the next early access game dieing very fast and the devs dont care or they dont care enough. Im very sure there are much much more people which dont play the game cause they dont know it or more important, they already have the game like me, but cant start on a new server cause there is not a single server near to the max 60 players.

    I absolutely cant understand devs like them. There are so much other early access games which failed exactly like rend. They are dreaming. Scapes said in another post that they want to patch the game first. Do they really think that a day will come where 3000 player will log in just because the better state of the game? That never happend on a game with this extremly low player count. They should reduce the price fast. I dont think there are more than 5 player a day which buy the game. If they reduce the price to 15 dollars or something we would get much more players and could play the game like it should.

    I can understand your frustration, but hey you gave just 3 propositions on how to expand playerbase. Improve marketing strategy, improve server management and lowering price. I bet there is topic that would gladly welcome these ideas if you expanded them a little on how exactly improve these things. Letting players do the translation is killing 2 birds with one stone, game is being developed, but doesn't require full attention of the developing team at the moment, while they're doing something else.

    Let's move the issue with dropping playerbase to it's own topic, and leave this one with translation cases, what do you say ? :)

    There is no need for a new topic with this issue. I want an answer from the devs ;).
  • edited October 2018
    Scapes wrote: »
    While the team works on bringing new features and gameplay improvements to Rend over the next weeks, you can help us by translating "ascension", "saga", and more than 30,000 other words into one of seven initial languages! A popular practice among indie titles like Rend, we're looking to our international audience of gamers worldwide for expertise in Rend and bilingual fluency with languages spoken where the survival genre has the broadest reach. We'll be using a localization management platform called Crowdin that has helped a number of games on Steam reach broader audiences through crowdsourced translations of game strings (lines of text).

    We'll be kicking things off with the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.

    ...

    Read more at https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/localize-rend-using-crowdin

    I paid much more for this game, than I did for many other Early Access Games, like ARK or 7dtd, but I got much less. What Wildcard or TheFunPimps gave to the community, earns much more than they got. If TheFunPimps finish their work on 7dtd, I try to give them some more money, because they earned more than they ever took! (For ARK, I paid maybe not as much as they earn, but buying all DLCs for round about € 40 and the game itself for round abou € 10 is much money for someone who has not much money - because I'm ill for years now and just get social money).

    I was interested much in your game and I payed you almost three times of what I paid for ARK oder 7dtd. I didn't expect much from you, but that you are asking now for help to translate the texts. That shows me, that in your view the game is almost finished - because translation is the second last part of game development.

    Sorry, but if your company handles its buisiness like that, your company will go bankrupt. DON'T DEVELOP GAMES, IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO CREATE A GAME THE PROPER WAY! What you did after release into EA is the work that has to be done in alpha version. And if you would have asked me during the alpha version, I was signed in for months, but got acces just the last 4 days, I would have helped to translate - even if this should have been one of the last works and not one of the first works.

    For me it looks like, to make as much money with the least amount of time. If my guess is true, be sure I will never buy any of your games again! Never ever, during my whole life - even if you create the best game of the whole century! I paid the prize you asked for, just because I believed in your promisses! I hope all people who buyed this game, will follow my path then.
  • Mr. Nobody wrote: »
    I was interested much in your game and I payed you almost three times of what I paid for ARK oder 7dtd. I didn't expect much from you, but that you are asking now for help to translate the texts. That shows me, that in your view the game is almost finished - because translation is the second last part of game development.

    While I strongly believe that you, as a paying customer, have every right to express your dissatisfaction with the state of the game, I beg to differ on the quoted statement.

    You are totally right that translations take place in later stages of development. That is, when they are done definitely and paid for/done inhouse. With the approach Frostkeep has taken here, things are different. Especially because the process of translating the game is aimed to be done as a "community effort", they cannot predict how long the process will take for certain languages and thus have to get people going as soon as possible. No one can tell how many people are willing to contribute their skills and time without monetary - or any other form - of compensation. At least this seems to be the case as of posting this reply. (Is this really the case? Will the people contributing not even be mentioned in the credits or something alike?)

    This in mind, I do not see why the actual development team would stop doing their work on the game itself or why you fear it is deemed "release ready" at this stage. Translations of the game would not have been done inhouse and outsourcing them would add additional costs to what might be a relatively tight budget. Though, budget-wise, this is pure speculation.

    However it may be, I, having started playing Rend a few hours ago, will contribute to the Crowdin project, as I like the approach. I cannot say much about the past of the game & the current state though, but I feel discussion concerning this does not belong in this thread anyway.

    Kind regards,

    P4M
Sign In or Register to comment.