The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 5: Patch Notes

edited September 24 in Patch Notes
Patch 5 introduces important changes to creature taming and movement along with other bug fixes reported by the Rend community. The extra week of development on Patch 5 was due to us working in parallel on making the leap from Unreal Engine 4.19 to 4.20 to be able to take advantage of the engine's latest improvements in future game updates such as smarter actor replication (more efficient servers). This also marks a shift in our patch deploy cadence from smaller yet more rapid changelists to less frequent yet larger patches with more significant game changes.

We're also preparing to publish our Early Access roadmap with what's coming to Rend. The roadmap will detail major gameplay changes in broad categories that we intend to introduce by December. When deployed in a patch (or leading up to it), we'll post a write-up about the change and the developer rationale for it. In addition, a player-facing Community Issues board is being populated to feature commonly-encountered bugs and balance issues and their state of being resolved. We're aiming to publish both late next week, likely on Thursday.

Patch 5 is scheduled to deploy on Tuesday, September 25.

General
  • Removed Flesh Wounds debuff. Creatures that previously applied Flesh Wounds now have a lower chance to apply Deep Wounds.
  • Added camera shake when firing weapons.
  • Smoothed character model movement when changing directions rapidly.
  • Queued research is now processed as a single action instead of individually.
  • Improved visual effects in Myrkfen, Dreadveil, and Roots of Yggdrasil.
  • Added repair values for Hearthfur Armor, Divinite Armor, War Leather Armor, Makeshift weapons, and critically-crafted weapons.
  • Crude Metal Candelabra now stacks to 10.
  • Standard Issue Arrow now adds 0.5 damage (previously it had none, generating a blank tooltip).
Balance
  • All creature taming progress will now decay at a rate of 1% of the required tame value for that creature per second, effectively requiring taming tools that match the tier of the target creature.
  • The Warlord per rank passive bonus no longer grants Combat Regeneration. Instead, it heals you for 0.5% of your Max Health per rank on PvE or PvP kills.
  • Warlord's Resolve talent no longer grants Combat Regeneration. Instead, it grants Health Regeneration.
  • Marathon Runner (Pathfinder) no longer increases Mounted Sprint Speed.
  • Reduced the delay of center Control Points to 2 weeks (down from 4).
Interface
  • Silhouettes of friendly Faction members will now draw through terrain and structures.
  • Faction members who have negative faction reputation, are outcast, or have taken a recent aggressive action now have red-tinted nameplates.
  • Reagents in recipe tooltips are now colored to match their item quality.
Creatures
  • Prowlfang
    • Now begins to approach its target after exhausting its aware state duration, instead of immediately aggroing.
  • Yxen
    • Increased aware state duration.
    • No longer has an aggro range. It can still aggro after exhausting its aware state duration.
  • Ursa
    • Now approaches its target during its aware state.
    • Increased aware state duration before triggering aggro state.
    • Edited creature model appearance.
  • Frabbit
    • Reduced the chance to uncover a metal resource node when burrowing.
  • Stag
    • Slightly increased movement speed.
    • Slightly decreased sprint speed.
  • Arachnix
    • Added arachnix footstep sound effects.
  • Draak
    • Territorial Draak now uses its headbutt ability.
    • Territorial Draak now aggros significantly faster on seeing a target.
  • Reduced the likelihood of flying Rockjaws, Yxen, and Glutts.
  • Fixed some issues that could cause creatures to teleport.
  • Creature AI now better handles changing threat targets.
  • Creature models adjusted to appear less glossy/wet and glow less at night.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing certain spells from dealing damage as intended.
  • Strict Rationing (Warlord) now correctly reduces hydration drain rate (was doubling up on energy drain rate).
  • Dismounting in a building should no longer cause the mount to appear on top of the building.
  • Arbalests now show the correct tool tip for damage.
  • Warlord’s Resolve (Warlord) and Assassin’s Resolve (Assassin) talents now correctly persist through logout.
  • Assassin's Resolve (Assassin) talent no longer modifies your jump height or fall damage reduction.
  • Coldfire Torch now has the correct tooltip.
  • Crude Metal Candelabra is now spelled correctly.
  • Divinite Armor can now be repaired.
  • Riding Harnesses now require the correct crafting prerequisites.
  • Arcane Spirit Crystal and Runescribed Spirit Crystal no longer have typos in their tooltips.
  • War Leather Armor can now be crafted.
  • Fixed an animation issue that would cause creatures to over-rotate.
  • Elixir of Warming recipe renamed to Elixir of Warmth.
  • Greater Elixir of Warming recipe renamed to Greater Elixir of Warmth.
Tagged:

Comments

• please. condense. the official. servers.
  • Sigh
  • All creature taming progress will now decay at a rate of 1% of the required tame value for that creature per second, effectively requiring taming tools that match the tier of the target creature.
    It wont stop from taming t4 creatures with t1 spirit arrows in 1-2 days after start. It will just require more of them.
  • FrumpylumpsFrumpylumps ✭✭
    edited September 24
    Thanks for all your hard work but please find some way to consolidate the population such as make official servers default on the filter, temporarily reduce the number of official servers, or add a rating/matchmaking system.

No carry weight nerf on stag?
  • Camera shake when firing weapons? Sigh I'll hold judgement until I see it but I hope it's optional because that sounds annoying.
  • I agree EZPhantom, it will still happen just take longer. totems increase tame ability as do spirit syphons, the taming of higher tier pets should require the unlocking of the higher tier research, same as higher tier raw materials require the higher tier tools to harvest. Sadly if they do this i fear those that need the easy mode farming of sparks using tier 4 pets at tier 1 research level would quit because it would be to hard 8(. Also like the idea of consolidating servers to increase the populations of official servers.
  • I’m also pretty skeptical of the taming changes, but we’ll see. I hope this update includes a talent respec. It’s pretty frustrating when archetypes change and we don’t get to respec and get rid of talents we don’t want anymore like the shaman talents in the last patch.

I also hope a fix for Learned Survivor was just accidentally omitted from the patchnotes....
  • MiehMieh
    edited September 24
    EZPhantom wrote: »
    All creature taming progress will now decay at a rate of 1% of the required tame value for that creature per second, effectively requiring taming tools that match the tier of the target creature.
    It wont stop from taming t4 creatures with t1 spirit arrows in 1-2 days after start. It will just require more of them.

So they didn't just make the taming requirement additively bigger, they increased the taming 'rate' needed, the amount of progress per second. It will take stronger taming DPS to overcome higher levels of decay.

We'll see how the change plays out.
  • Will be interesting to test if this makes Shaman more viable for with the added tame progress
  • Silhouettes of friendly Faction members will now draw through terrain and structures.

This is a fantastic feature to add into the game, my friend actually said that he wished for this feature to exist yesterday after he couldn't find. Looks like his wish came true.

Thanks frostkeep :+1: Keep the updates coming.
  • Deo Fayte wrote: »
    Camera shake when firing weapons? Sigh I'll hold judgement until I see it but I hope it's optional because that sounds annoying.

I really hope this can be disabled/enabled!
  • soulbinding tools to preventing enemy factions from using an alt account to steal your tools would have been nice.
  • Ill say it again. The pet tier system is so convoluted and overly complex! There should be 1 type of pet that no matter where you tame
    it from, it’s abilities are tied to the current research. As in, tier 2 pet stables grants pets tier 2 farming abilities. There is way too much effort and balancing required with multiple pet tiers of the same type of pet! My suggestion, although requires a bit of a rewrite would solve, all of these current pet problems.
  • So i see the patch was coming out on the 25 sep. but as of late 27 sep i am not seeing the update. did it get delayed or just not showing up.
  • So i see the patch was coming out on the 25 sep. but as of late 27 sep i am not seeing the update. did it get delayed or just not showing up.

Patch 5 deployed this past Tuesday.
  • EZPhantomEZPhantom
    edited September 28
    EZPhantom wrote: »
    All creature taming progress will now decay at a rate of 1% of the required tame value for that creature per second, effectively requiring taming tools that match the tier of the target creature.

Like I said it is not so hard to tame t4 pet with t1 arrows, when there is regen debuff in t4 forest. Wisely placed building with seed inside as well as proper moving inside of it prevents creature to be evaded. No shaman, no taming crystal, no totems, just about 300-400 t1 taming arrows. If you wish to balance sparc farming, you should something else with taming t4 creatures, like... unefficient maybe, like our main tools are working?

EDIT: But yeah, we need some potions to be in astral, so maybe you should first have 2 friends with portals to help you and it is not so hard to get 19lvl in 1-2 days