The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

New Faces at Frostkeep Studios

While our news has been focused on Rend's development since entering Early Access, we're also excited to share that the Frostkeep Studios team is expanding! Meet the three new faces who you'll see at our convention booths and on our upcoming livestreams.

Read more at https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/new-faces-frostkeep-studios
Tagged:

Comments

• Reduce the price of the game. Who care your livestreams? There are only 300 players left...https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=rend
  • FrumpylumpsFrumpylumps ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for all your hard work. Please ignore the ignorant and entitled players like ^ who are over-represented on game forums.
  • Thanks for all your hard work. Please ignore the ignorant and entitled players like ^ who are over-represented on game forums.

Yeah just ignore it and in 20 days Rend has 40 player left. Look in multiple steam early access survival games. There are enough games which the same way like rend. Early acces, then devs which ignoring the decreasing player count and then 5 year of early access with 10 players. I like the game and multiple friends are interested to play but everyone said the same " its to expensive for an nearly dead EA game".

Player like you have absolutely no knowledge about EA games. Do you really think the players will come back after a few updates? look at these games: Gloria victis, savage lands, miscreated, vlanirrok, steamhammer, novus inceptio and much more. Multiple of these games got updates but it dont care any players. To reduce the price of rend would be the last chance to get an comeback for the rend devs.
  • I'm super excited y'all get to work with Nathan Hillen again, especially to see what your past Synergy will bring to the table.

Also excited you got a heavyweight environmental artist in Mark Khalil. I mean come on, he came from League of Legends! (Liam sounds cool, too. ^_^) Rend is beautiful already, but I can't wait to see how the world art and the effects grow.
  • Good for you guys! Hope the extra hands help. :)
  • Toranes wrote: »
    Thanks for all your hard work. Please ignore the ignorant and entitled players like ^ who are over-represented on game forums.

Yeah just ignore it and in 20 days Rend has 40 player left. Look in multiple steam early access survival games. There are enough games which the same way like rend. Early acces, then devs which ignoring the decreasing player count and then 5 year of early access with 10 players. I like the game and multiple friends are interested to play but everyone said the same " its to expensive for an nearly dead EA game".

Player like you have absolutely no knowledge about EA games. Do you really think the players will come back after a few updates? look at these games: Gloria victis, savage lands, miscreated, vlanirrok, steamhammer, novus inceptio and much more. Multiple of these games got updates but it dont care any players. To reduce the price of rend would be the last chance to get an comeback for the rend devs.

True, but there is another aspect to consider, what if rend drops to 20 darra , new people come but then realize it is still not ready and leave again? That would be awful...

There is no point in reducing the price of the game or marketing it if it has not had time to change in any meaningful ways.

True, but there is another aspect to consider, what if rend drops to 20 darra , new people come but then realize it is still not ready and leave again? That would be awful...

There is no point in reducing the price of the game or marketing it if it has not had time to change in any meaningful ways.

look at scum. Scum sold over 1 million copies and the game was the first 9 days not playable cause the player lags. Rend ist in a much better state than the most other EA games after 2 months.

To reduce the price is the most important thing.
  • In terms of game stability, it's in a good spot. In terms of having engaging gameplay that's worth spending time in... I don't know... I own the game now, so it's essentially free-to-play for me at this point... but I just can't be bothered. The gameplay isn't engaging enough for me right now.

look at scum. Scum sold over 1 million copies and the game was the first 9 days not playable cause the player lags. Rend ist in a much better state than the most other EA games after 2 months.

To reduce the price is the most important thing.

Scum is quite awful. I could not stand playing it more than a handful of hours. Its success is a mystery to me.

• JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Reduce the price isn't the definitive solution, ok, you can attract more players, but, if the game has serious bugs and errors, or his mechanics aren't good enough to have fun, those new players, will disappear in few weeks. So, lower the price, could be a partial solution but not the most important.

Besides, the price isn't higher relative to the game content, or compare with others games, like PUBG or ARK.
  • ToranesToranes
    edited September 2018
    JotaCe wrote: »
    Reduce the price isn't the definitive solution, ok, you can attract more players, but, if the game has serious bugs and errors, or his mechanics aren't good enough to have fun, those new players, will disappear in few weeks. So, lower the price, could be a partial solution but not the most important.

Besides, the price isn't higher relative to the game content, or compare with others games, like PUBG or ARK.

To reduce the price is absolutely the most important thing. Who care the good updates if there are just 200 players left? I wrote it so often and people like you cant understand it... Look all the other EA games. There are enough with constant updates but they didnt reduce the price so the player count isnt increased..= game dead

It will be the same here. If FK not reduce the price game will never have an comeback. Look at the player count. Day after day the player count is going down. Rend is in a good state to get new players with a lower price. If they wait it will be over with rend.
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The person who don't understand the point, is you.

Lower the price, means new players....for a while....if the game has a lot of bugs or the mechanics for playing and winning don't convince the people, those new players will leave the game in 2 weeks.

Again, as i said, lower the price is a partial solution, but not the most important. We need something that attracts people and maintain that people, not just for been a cheap game, but, including more variety ways of winning or controling the faction balance and those people that stop playing for a faction that are far behind the others.

Thats the point, thats a solution.
  • @Toranes I own the game right now. For me to continue to play it is free, I just have to want to put the time into it. With the game in it's current state, it's not worth the time to sit down and play it. No amount of price reduction will make the game worth the time to sit down and play. The game has to be more engaging before it will be a success. Maybe once that happens, you could make a point that a price reduction would increase the player base. Once the game is in a better place, maybe putting it on sale for a bit will help to give it an 'infusion' of new players. I think right now, the focus has gotta be on finding ways to (to be quite blunt) make the game more fun. It's just not there right now.
  • JotaCe wrote: »
    The person who don't understand the point, is you.

Lower the price, means new players....for a while....if the game has a lot of bugs or the mechanics for playing and winning don't convince the people, those new players will leave the game in 2 weeks.

Again, as i said, lower the price is a partial solution, but not the most important. We need something that attracts people and maintain that people, not just for been a cheap game, but, including more variety ways of winning or controling the faction balance and those people that stop playing for a faction that are far behind the others.

Thats the point, thats a solution.

This game has not many bugs. On release day the game was in a much better state than any other EA survival/pvp game in the last years. Rend have enough content for new players for weeks. Again: FK can patch what they want they culd bring an 5 gb patch tomrrow with very nice changes and content but it wont increase the playercount= Rend dead. Thats very simple. @jotace hf to wait for the changes. Maybe in 3 Months the points you said are in the game. But it will be to late.
  • SaltychipmunkSaltychipmunk ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Toranes wrote: »
    [

This game has not many bugs. On release day the game was in a much better state than any other EA survival/pvp game in the last years. Rend have enough content for new players for weeks. Again: FK can patch what they want they culd bring an 5 gb patch tomrrow with very nice changes and content but it wont increase the playercount= Rend dead. Thats very simple. @jotace hf to wait for the changes. Maybe in 3 Months the points you said are in the game. But it will be to late.

This game has plenty of bugs. They arent as awful as say ark was but they are there. No the real issue is that the balance of a ton of mechanics is just not there.

Class balance right now is awful. basically if you dont pick assassin for the early game poison and weapons range advantage .. you might as well give up on serious pvp. if you arent going pathfinder as a resource gather you are very much gimping yourself. warlord is only very recently becoming a viable secondary class.. and that is only for true dedicated pvp players. Shaman is a joke.

Weapons are FULL of bad mechanical decisions. bows miss fire if you click too fast , the crossbow reload animation is hilariously frigidity because almost ANYTHING interrupts it.. my record was 7 reloads in a row.. what the fuck is that? Sniper bows have never worked 100% right.

Personal bases have run the gambit of being game breakingly over powered to absolutely worthless depending on how easy the devs make it to destroy buildings with hammers .

There is no where near enough incentives in joining a losing team and no where near enough disincentives in staying on a hilariously one sided op team.

The tame system is still a mess as you can very easily glitch the ai on a ledge , rock or hell just bring a light fortification made of sticks and a divinity seed.

Pvp is still basically a gank fest where the only real game play is Elmer Fudd chasing down the days catch because poison is broken in early game .

Most tames are worthless .. even with the much needed nerf to stag movement speed.

Pet rating being exponential has and still is a major balance issue since the gap in quality between a low pet rating and a high pet rating results in two functionally different experiences.

Then there are the servers.. oh lord the lag spikes every 30 minutes is awful. Its the ark world save lag all over again.

I can go on.

Every single one of these issues was a deal breaker to at-least one person i knew who quit the game.