The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 4.1: Patch Notes

edited September 10 in Patch Notes
Social
  • Players in the same clan will not incur a faction reputation penalty for attacking each other.
  • Players can now open the inventory of another player of the same faction if the target player is hostile.
  • A faction member with a negative faction reputation, who recently exceeded their faction container use score, or recently damaged another player is considered hostile.
Creatures
  • Wargs now flank players and will move more naturally in combat.
    • This is a proof of concept for how other creatures will flank in an upcoming patch.
  • Many creature attacks now have a camera shake effect.
  • Added visual impact effects to all basic creature abilities.
Balance
  • Decreased Repeater PvE damage by 20%.
  • Hearthfur Armor recipes now require Divinite crafting materials.
  • Cragrock Blaster no longer requires 10 Spirit Residue to craft.
  • Reduced player jump height.
  • Reduced movement speed per repeated jump after the first jump.
  • Damage shared with other structure pieces no longer reduces the damage taken by the targeted structure piece.
Interface
  • Added an option to hide the helmet on your character.
Ascension
  • Importing a favorite pet will now replace any previously imported favorite pet.
Reckoning
  • Server uptime must now be at least 2 hours before a Reckoning can occur.
    • This will protect faction bases if a server restart occurs just before a Reckoning is scheduled to begin.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed tooltips for Otherworldly Flora (Botany Perk), Trapped Souls (Stonecutting Perk), and Speaker for the Dead (Mysticism Perk) to reflect that they no longer increase your Spirit Capacity.
  • Fixed an edge case line-of-sight issue sometimes causing turrets not to fire at players
  • Draught of Swiftness, Elixir of the Fish, and Elixir of Greater Armor recipes now give the correct items on critical crafting.
  • Potion of Sustenance, Potion of Greater Sustenance, and Aegisilk Pants recipes now grant the correct item when crafted.
  • Sharp Stone Spike now correctly requires experience in Wood Spikes (instead of Wood Bolts).
Tagged:

Comments

• No bug fix for the constant evading /pathing issues of dino's when killing/taming them?
  • jump height reduction?? by how much.. does this make it so double jump can't clear a single wall?? would love to know the answer ( so i know if that skill is now useless to take )
  • Blump wrote: »
    No bug fix for the constant evading /pathing issues of dino's when killing/taming them?

Not only dino is bugged. Almost every creature is possible to evade if u dont kill it standing still on one place in not bugged zone. That makes creatures not even untameable, but even unfarmable...
  • DigoDigo
    edited September 11
    yea if you guys could go ahead and reverse the jump patch that'd be great, because you clearly didn't test for more than 3 minutes because if you had you'd see that it's broken half the time and you can't jump over a friggin plant. Nor can you get off of a cliff if you fall down into one of those random holes throughout. I've loved the game and patches till this point, but hot damn you botched that one. I don't have a problem with a reduction in jump height, but for the love, common

ps, as the last part wasn't super constructive and just me being pissed because i've been farming dreadveil and the jump issue is making that nearly impossible, here is some feedback to help hopefully fix it. If you are moving around it's like a vaccum starts and your char can't jump more than a couple inches, in some cases it doesn't even look like it's jumping. It seems especially bad around the holes in the terrain making it impossible to get your body back after the fact. If you play for more than maybe 5 minutes you will run into the issue very quickly

k second edit, again did you even test the reduction in jump per time jumped? You can jump 4 times before you essentially cannot jump and have to wait 12ish seconds before you can jump. People jump in games it happens. But if you're game you are expecting people to build bases that help thwart other teams and make their bases hard to get into. In doing so you have to jump. So now you're expecting people to have to spend multiple minutes just to be able to get into their own bases? This is a ridiculous patch that is going to infuriate people. I can't even get out of out outpost base because i jumped a few times on the way out and the window is now too high for me to get out of.
  • I agree with everything that has already been posted. I am an avid player of Rend and I run one of the more popular non-official PVE servers. I nearly died 4 times farming verdant fur ... trying to escape the poison pool ... that I apparently fell into ... because I couldn't jump a fkn 2 foot hole ... because I COULDN'T JUMP higher than 4 inches!!!! Fix it, damn it!

This is the kind of trash update that both Wildcard and Funcom do to "control" the game instead of actually listening to the feedback from ... oh I don't know ... the PEOPLE PAYING for the game.

Where did you even get the idea of "hey, let's make any jump after the 4th one, a non-jump" ... wait what? "Yea guys, that's a great idea". What idiot in product development decided that was a great idea? Or is it a bug and you guys (like mentioned above) didn't even spent more than 15 FKN seconds regression testing??????? ARE YOU SERIOUS!!??!!??
  • Has anyone else seen the issue with right clicking on a recipe either in your own crafting or in any bench and the hover description just blinks once and seems to not register a right click (with intent to craft all is why I am trying to right click) ??? This may be from the previous patch, but just wondering if anyone else is seeing it.
  • EZPhantom wrote: »
    Blump wrote: »
    No bug fix for the constant evading /pathing issues of dino's when killing/taming them?

Not only dino is bugged. Almost every creature is possible to evade if u dont kill it standing still on one place in not bugged zone. That makes creatures not even untameable, but even unfarmable...

For me, if I am positioned any higher than about one person's height or above 1 wall height, such that I am shooting down at them, they will always flee (evade) when their health drops. My traps/taming pens are built so that I am at the same horizontal height as them. I usually build a 3x3 with railings and that very rarely let's them hit me if I stay in the middle.
  • @Mitch Double right click
  • bunch of useless patch notes again .....
  • @Mitch double right click will pull it up, but be careful, I’ve had it auto start more crafts than I wanted which resulted in not having enough mats for other items. Was like this since patch 4.
  • MiehMieh
    edited September 11
    Love the idea of monsters being able to flank!

I haven't tested the jump changes yet, but I'm eager to see what people are raving about.

Some of those social changes are confusing to read. Can we open a living, hostile player's inventory as if that player was a walking container? I'm asking earnestly.
  • CheeezyCheeezy
    edited September 11
    I do like how you don’t lose faction rep for hitting clan members. Not sure why u guys nerfed the repeater pve damage should have been the repeater pvp damage. In my opinion it’s way to powerful
  • 430 hrs in... you guys messed with jump when it wasn't an issue?? ehhhhh????
  • Jump is an issue with the frogs being able to double jump on top of a faction base. ive been told if hit correctly the frog can jump 5 walls high. The game doesnt even allow you to build higher than that... so its either do something to the jump or make it to where we can build higher. imo
  • @wowmiago so why not just fix the frog double to jump over , at max, 4or3 high ...
  • Jump patch is anti-fun
  • KirutianKirutian
    edited September 12
    The jumping issue is real. It is retarded. You literally can not jump more than a few inches and that is a serious issue in a game with hills, holes, rocks, and raised platforms. I often can not even get into my own base.

Moderator Edit: Constructive feedback is welcome, attacking the developers is not.
  • Can anyone explain why the SA servers are missing after this patch?
  • The SEA servers are not showing up too. Any news?
  • Passout wrote: »
    The SEA servers are not showing up too. Any news?
    The SEA servers are being restarted now.
    meldroch wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why the SA servers are missing after this patch?
    The SA servers are showing as online but we're looking into why they stayed offline after last night's patch.