The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 4: Patch Notes

Patch 4 introduces the Bounty System and a broad range of weapon balance changes.

Balance
  • Removed the restriction that the current action animation must finish before the player can sprint again (note that this only applies to sprinting).
  • Redesigned Warlord Mastery: When you deal damage, your armor is increased by 100% of that amount. This temporary armor decays by 40% per second.
  • Bows
    • Increased zoom while in Aim Down Sight mode.
    • Significantly increased Sniper Bow Aim Down Sight zoom.
    • Significantly decreased Sniper Bow damage.
    • Slightly increased Sniper bow arrow drop ratio.
  • Crossbows
    • Increased zoom and accuracy while in Aim Down Sight mode (considerably easier to hit at range now).
    • Decreased movement penalty from .8 to .95.
  • Repeaters
    • Greatly increased PvP damage.
    • Greatly increased rate of fire from .27 to .09.
    • Decreased effective range from 40 to 30 meters.
    • Greatly increased clip sizes.
    • Added new firing sound.
  • Blasters
    • Greatly increased PvP damage.
    • Slightly decreased effective range.
    • Greatly increased firing speed.
    • Greatly increased reload speed.
    • Decreased movement penalty from .8 to .95.
PvP
  • Bounty System
    • Players start with a bounty value based on the number of PvP deaths within the same bounty period of 20 hours. The bounty value decreases with PvP deaths and reaches 0 after 10 PvP deaths.
    • A player’s bounty value increases through activity. Combat increases bounty value faster than non-combat activities.
    • Killing a player with a high bounty increases the spirits and XP rewarded
    • Killing a player with no bounty results in no XP, no rep gain, and no spirit spawns
    • Repeated kills of a single player by a specific attacking player within the same bounty period causes reduced XP and reputation gains with no XP granted after 3 kills.
  • Added XP gain for PvP kills.
  • Added reputation gain for PvP combat.
Creatures
  • Adjusted AI to reduce chance to flee.
  • Reduced damage aura from Divinity Stone to the Lost.
  • Made Reckoning AI more interested in things closer to its height.
  • Changed Lost to randomly pick targets and limited its sight cone to make it see walls more often.
  • Reduced distance and cooldown of the Lost's Scream ability.
World
  • Moved the portals closer to the faction bases.
Pets
  • Added properly-tiered resources to mount resurrection costs.
    • Higher-tier pets are now considerably more difficult to resurrect, making high-rating low-tier pets considerably more useful.
Faction
  • Added Faction Memo and Message of the Day, editable by faction elders in the Social menu.
  • Removed reputation gain from leveling up.
  • Spirit Stables will now spawn the Taming Tools workshop inside the stables instead of next to it, freeing up some precious space for more elaborate base designs.
  • A player's reputation is set back to 0 when outcast.
Base Building
  • You can no longer overlay wall foundations on normal foundations.
  • Research required for structure upgrades is now based on the player doing the upgrade rather than the faction of the structure being upgraded.
Reckoning
  • Reckoning level will now be based on faction strength rather than solely on current saga duration.
Interface
  • Added display of Ascension Points earned during the current saga.
  • Adjusted size and distance scaling of player nameplates.
  • Nameplates of players in your clan will display their names in green.
  • War Observation bonus now has a mouseover tooltip.
  • Mouse will be visible by default when the respawn menu comes up.
Visuals
  • Add Foliage Quality slider to video options.
  • Updated visuals for Divinity Seeds and Clan Divinity Seeds.
  • Made torches beefier and increased particle size to match.
  • Added camera shakes and hit impact effects for most creature abilities.
Bug Fixes
  • Reputation gains and losses will now properly occur when done to or from pets.
  • If an inventory is over capacity (such as the stash due to research changes), it will no longer drop the items at the players feet at login.
    • Inventory slots on inventory objects that are over capacity will be inaccessible and appear grayed out.
  • The client and server should now properly agree on which direction doors are opened.
  • Creatures will no longer flee the same direction.
  • All sounds effects should now be properly affected by the sound effects slider in the options panel.
  • The PvP portion of the Reckoning will no longer be entirely black.
  • Fixed Cyclopean Broodmother not being mountable.
  • Fixed spider wall walking.
  • Fixed pets that didn't have icons: all pets should now be selectable and resurrectable.
  • Fixed auras that cause damage to properly tick the damage.
  • Fixed siege damage caused by creatures to be properly calculated (they were scaling out of control).
  • Fixed AI so that Lost will again attack the base tree causing spirits to be released.
  • Fixed projectiles firing through walls.
Tagged:

Comments

• Someones been busy, good work guys, keep it up!
  • Great work. Can’t wait to see what’s next! I still think that there’s a better way to handle pets by tiering them with faction research rather than separate pet tiers. Thought guys?
  • are we not addressing sniper bows not criting? Is it intended?
  • can i still fill my inventory with hatchets and not drop anything on death?
  • EpiphanyEpiphany
    edited September 6
    Good changes and balancing, I understand what you are trying to do with the pets changes. This however it will not work. As it stands it is easy to tame a T4 pet. If it dies one would surely abandon it and tame another?
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited September 6
    Scapes said:
    Reckoning
    • Reckoning level will now be based on faction strength rather than solely on current saga duration.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! I'm going to test that, this afternoon.

The other changes looks really nice. Great work dev's 
  • SumaSuma
    edited September 6
    Some good changes in here! But please please put some sort of interim buff in for factions with significantly less manhours over the last few days compared to the highest faction on the server.

The game needs this so badly for the health of servers. Once per day, check the total hours played of each faction over the last 72 hours. If it is 20% or more difference, give the trailing faction at least half that percentage buff in resource generation, spark drop chance, character exp and skill exp. Make this a smooth scaling buff, IE 26% less hours played = 13% buff. Limit the total hours played for purposes of the calculation to something like 160 per day (20 players x 8 hours a day).
  • xzonerhsr wrote: »
    are we not addressing sniper bows not criting? Is it intended?

probably intended. from what we can tell they are supposed to be consistent if sub-optimal damage
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited September 6
    Kirutian wrote: »
    Yet nothing to address the issues that have made this game unplayable. This will go down as yet another failed EA from a failed "studio." Sad.

Can we at least get acknowledgement you have a plan for the low population issues and the elder abuse?

Please tell us, what are those "issues that have made this game unplayable" , because, just for a few crashes linked to the PC optimization (annoying when you're running on the field and you died far away when you re-connect) I have not seen such serious errors or bugs that turn REND unplayable.

They are working really hard to fix the game and to add new features, if some of those bugs or errors don't have a fix yet, is because, maybe, they have not found any solution yet and they continue testing possible fixes before to launch a patch.

Be patient guys...there are so many things to keep testing, be tolerant about some problems or bugs, don't be so mean call them a "studio".
  • ChronicChronic
    edited September 6
    the worst problem why so many people are quitting is the unbearable lag on high population servers.
    im playing on one of top 3 servers population wise it is almost unplayable when there are more than 40 ppl online

just to mention a few more

- sparks totally out of balance
    - bugged t4 metal spawn
    - bugged weapon perks (overpowered weapons)
    - authentication ticket issue

dont get me wrong i love the game i have over 450 hours ingame i tried to stay postive but so many things are being ignored while being reported countless times its just sad
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    Scapes wrote: »
    [*] Added properly-tiered resources to mount resurrection costs.
    This one makes me sad, but that should be of no surprise to anybody. I agree a fix is needed, but I still don't think that this is the right one. Based on feedback from other players... it's not even actually a valid one yet unfortunately. :(
    [*] Research required for structure upgrades is now based on the player doing the upgrade rather than the faction of the structure being upgraded.
    This confused the hell out of me for a good minute. It wasn't until I actually was in the middle of making a very confused comment that I realize what it means. If a player from faction A makes a structure, and a player from faction B attempts to upgrade it, the upgrade availability will be based on faction B, whereas it sounds like it was previously locked to faction A who originally created it even when a player from faction B is doing the upgrades.
    [*] Reckoning level will now be based on faction strength rather than solely on current saga duration.
    Is it exclusively on faction strength, or a combination of the two? I like the combination concept. Still means that a faction that gets 'ahead of the curve' will have an easier time, but reduces such effect. How is faction strength calculated? Amount of research? Average player level? Any details? <3
    [*] If an inventory is over capacity (such as the stash due to research changes), it will no longer drop the items at the players feet at login.
    • Inventory slots on inventory objects that are over capacity will be inaccessible and appear grayed out.
    Would this be locking those items and making them inaccessible or can the items be withdrawn and not put back?
    [*] The client and server should now properly agree on which direction doors are opened.
    Ohh thank god.
    [*] Fixed Cyclopean Broodmother not being mountable.
    Oooo....
    [*] Fixed siege damage caused by creatures to be properly calculated (hey were scaling out of control).
    I'm guessing this is what was causing all of the complaints about the lost shredding walls like paper?

Any news on getting the T key to function consistently on opening an inventory?

@JotaCe
    Ignore him. It's been strongly indicated in the topics he's started that he's the problem.
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    edited September 6
    @Darinth
    Is it exclusively on faction strength, or a combination of the two? I like the combination concept. Still means that a faction that gets 'ahead of the curve' will have an easier time, but reduces such effect. How is faction strength calculated? Amount of research? Average player level? Any details?

I believe that is linked to the faction research levels and average (or maximum) player level. For example, if faction has T4 tools and walls unlock, recko will be harder for them than a faction with T3 tools and walls. Also for the armor and weapons levels, and that has his right logic: faction with advanced tools, walls, weapons, armor will face harder reckoning.
    If it works like this, is an AWESOME change, tonight i will face the "new" reckoning and share with you the result.
  • pwepewpwepew
    edited September 6
    is it possible that the rClick menu dissapeared in most of the Personal craftig stations?

EDIT: ok, just found out it's double r-click now.... but WHY?
  • Greatly increased PVP damage.
    The multiplier for this needs to be on the tooltip, mostly people don’t even know what it is or that it exists.

The weapon changes look interesting, though I worry the sniper bow is in a bad place now if it still can’t crit. 
  • The nerf to long bows is so stupid that they are worthless now.
  • Cool patch!
  • I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed that my favored weapon was the only one untouched. Both the repeaters an xbows got significant boosts in pvp dmg/fire rate/reload speed...while the spike launchers weren't even mentioned. With those massive buffs to repeaters... it really makes me think I've wasted time skilling up/crafting launchers.
  • IonoIIonoI
    edited September 6
    you nerfed bows and buffed crossbows? bows were already bad due to t3 hunter bows requiring research while crossbows don't and longbows not critting and not doing damage on half the hits.

Anything about server performance and stability, mobs twitching and teleporting all over the place, mobs resetting or disappearing when they shouldn't, abusing roughwood cages to safely farm and tame mobs, ultrafast stags?
  • [quote/
    @JotaCe
    Ignore him. It's been strongly indicated in the topics he's started that he's the problem.[/quote]

People rushing to conclusions without a train of thought is the problem. The devs are clearly doing it- looks like some of the playerbase is in good company. Morons.