The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Are we going to get a dev roadmap soon?

Just curious, nothing concrete obviously, or with timelines, with this being EA. Just a general idea of what road the game is going to be taking.

Comments

• We wont get many updates until the game is complete dead end of the month. If you take a look on steamcharts you will see that the player count is decreasing every day.

The game need an faction balance system and a much cheaper price. 30 Dollars are much to high. With a price around 15 dollars/euro, rend could get an comeback...
  • I don't think the price is the problem, there are several games in EA with the same price or higher, for example, ARK and PUBG cost me the same price as REND and we have a lot of content here. IMO, 15 Usd it's an extreme, this game has a lot of content and it has a lot of potential (this game has give me 300 hours of fun).

The main problem is, as you said, the Faction Balance and, as i said many times before, all official servers has the same set up: The Spirit Farm Speed-Race. (I referred to official servers for the fiability and support) So, players don't have several options to play in official servers, if a faction shows his power, other factions "dies" and people leave and, as there is only one way to win, then people get demotivated, feel that strongest faction "Already win" and leave the servers, maybe to give the game a break or to go to play in a private server more focused on other things like PvE or with more amount of spirits to win.

Obviously there are many bugs and errors to fix, some annoying like some crashes when you're running on the field and your character keeps running, making you died far away from where you were going when you disconnected, but FK needs to improve the game and open their mind to others ways to win, and other set-up in their officials servers to motivate the players to play not just for farming spirits or maybe to give the players the opportunity to play with a more PvE Coop focus and more PvP and raid-style focus, to those players that wants those features.

We need to be patient with this game, maybe, for those players that aren't happy with the game, is better to take a break, wait for news features and fixes and come again, this is normal in all EA games, and this game has just 1 month in EA, so, don't hate the game, the game is so fun and has a lot of potential despite all his bugs and errors.
  • Faction balance. They need to focus on getting the PVP engaging. If they get that piece the rest should fall into place.
  • JotaCe wrote: »
    I don't think the price is the problem, there are several games in EA with the same price or higher, for example, ARK and PUBG cost me the same price as REND and we have a lot of content here. IMO, 15 Usd it's an extreme, this game has a lot of content and it has a lot of potential (this game has give me 300 hours of fun).

The main problem is, as you said, the Faction Balance and, as i said many times before, all official servers has the same set up: The Spirit Farm Speed-Race. (I referred to official servers for the fiability and support) So, players don't have several options to play in official servers, if a faction shows his power, other factions "dies" and people leave and, as there is only one way to win, then people get demotivated, feel that strongest faction "Already win" and leave the servers, maybe to give the game a break or to go to play in a private server more focused on other things like PvE or with more amount of spirits to win.

Obviously there are many bugs and errors to fix, some annoying like some crashes when you're running on the field and your character keeps running, making you died far away from where you were going when you disconnected, but FK needs to improve the game and open their mind to others ways to win, and other set-up in their officials servers to motivate the players to play not just for farming spirits or maybe to give the players the opportunity to play with a more PvE Coop focus and more PvP and raid-style focus, to those players that wants those features.

We need to be patient with this game, maybe, for those players that aren't happy with the game, is better to take a break, wait for news features and fixes and come again, this is normal in all EA games, and this game has just 1 month in EA, so, don't hate the game, the game is so fun and has a lot of potential despite all his bugs and errors.

Yes this game has a lot of potential and i played it 220h but the price is a big problem. Ark costs 22 euro at EA release. I bought it the first day... Pubg 30 euro/dollar. BUT the problem is these games could keep their player base, Rend cant. Rend player count is going down and down every day. So this game needs an sale price very fast or its over. There are enough dead early access games. Gloria victis, valnirrok, miscreated, h1z1( later just survive), savage lands...... So many games where players said " its early access so its not important that he player count is decreasing every day" we live in 2018, the most early access games need a good player count to get finished. The most devs of games need the money from Early access to finish the product. Rend will never get finished if frostkeep do nothing like a sale. They need to do it fast, maybe in the next days or it will be to late im 100% sure.
  • While yes... a sale would generate revenue... simply improving the game will have the same effect. To say that they need to have a sale in the next day or two or die... no. That's rather alarmist, and not consistent with reality. They've been making the game for months without the EA revenue. They just got a substantial cash influx. The game can survive for more than a few days while the devs figure out how and implement fixes for issues.
  • ToranesToranes
    edited September 2018
    You cant understand the point. Yes they were able to make the game for month without EA BUT, they started EA cause they need money and feedback. Look how many dead EA games steam have.... They started with a few players and got fresh money from EA then the player count decreased fast and no new players came to the game= game died before release.

Fixes are good and needed, i bet a few players who already bought the game take a second look on the game. But that arent many players. Why should the players come back if there are only 300 players?

So a sale is absolutely needed. you will see.... if they dont do that, in 10-15 days, rend will have 200 or less players