The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 3: Patch Notes

Comments

• SaltychipmunkSaltychipmunk ✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    ZeropG wrote: »
    @ Toranes,
    "If we raid an enemy stronghold in the reckoning and attacking the tree, will all the spirits directly go into our tree? that would be gamebreaking cause the enemy will lose their collected spirits in a few minutes ."

Very good point, didnt throught about that... 1 Raid and camp ~ 45min the enemy Faction ... simple over !

How many people have seen an example of a saga in which two equal teams were present where that saga did not more or less end when one team successfully raided the main base of the other?

The defending team has a huge advantage when it comes to the reckoning. if a team is able to successfully attack and more importantly get to the tree of a defending team. generally that means the faction balance was already dead and the raid is a formality.

So lets not pretend otherwise games were ending in many cases long before the spirits left the tree of the losing team.

• @JotaCe , yeah in the end the enemy team cant kill those farmers because they collect inmediatly... depends also how much gonna spawn if the server will be up again..but i got the same thoughts like u...wont be better right now..
  • edited August 28
    Most is said by all the others, but I need to repeat one thing:
    ZeropG wrote: »
    Server still down... zzzzzZZZZzzzz

I behave like an addict... watching a video, but check every minute if the server is up again :D

• "Fixed a bug that was allowing Eventide Halos to be harvested by Tier 1 Sickles." -- I assume this is meant to say Othershrooms instead of Eventide Halos.
  • ZeropGZeropG
    edited August 28
    EU Windmane server is nearly full...masterpiece of concentrate the ppl on one server ...confirmed :D

btw. one of those new Skills ... http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=1f9f08-1535476798.jpg

When u collect a spirit u have a 5%x5 = 25% chance to gain a Spark of Genius of random type... Lets raise the Hands and farm Sparks...... Enemy Faction Raid 3000 Spirits ... 3000x0,25=750 Sparks... G to the G
  • Ninjaloot wrote: »
    I'm hearing reports that Stonebound Will no longer makes you invulnerable to extreme temperatures. This is a good fix but i'm not seeing it in patch notes. Was this intentionally left out? Are there other "hidden" patch notes?

Patch notes have been updated again
  • ZeropG wrote: »
    EU Windmane server is nearly full...masterpiece of concentrate the ppl on one server ...confirmed :D

btw. one of those new Skills ... http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=1f9f08-1535476798.jpg

When u collect a spirit u have a 5%x5 = 25% chance to gain a Spark of Genius of random type... Lets raise the Hands and farm Sparks...... Enemy Faction Raid 3000 Spirits ... 3000x0,25=750 Sparks... G to the G

That's nothing when you can get a t4 pet and get 3k sparks in 1-2 hours ( until that's fixed )
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    Basic mob attacks don't seem to do damage to players anymore. All of the special attacks still do, but everything that I've tested that just hits you with basic attacks from Yxen to wolf seems to not be doing damage to players anymore.
  • JotaCe said:
    So, the race for farming spirit is worst right now, before, at least you need to carry them to your faction stone, now, you can farm a lot of spirits in less time. Don't like this change.
    If you thoroughly read the patch notes it states that the minimum spawn of spirits in all zones is decreased. Spirit collection is now based more in PvP and objective control instead of just spirit farming like it has been thus far. 
  • JotaCe wrote: »
    So, the race for farming spirit is worst right now, before, at least you need to carry them to your faction stone, now, you can farm a lot of spirits in less time. Don't like this change.

they are also planning to substantially reduced the spawn rates of spirits . so while you no longer need to travel. you will find far less to begin with.
  • Please give us a character wipe so we can adjust skills/talents.
  • The hammerskull still seems to have problems with a lot of rocks. walking up to them repeatedly but unable to hit them for some reason.
  • edited August 28
    Scapes wrote: »
    All perks, talents, consumables, and Ascension runes that granted increases to Spirit Capacity have been redesigned.
    Except "Otherworldy Flora" perk of Botany,
    It still gives +15 spirit capacity:
    123.jpg

• JotaCe wrote: »

Even though it was artificial to have to carry things back to the tree, I liked it. It meant we had to work as a team to get better pouches, and we would see each other at the base when we went back to the tree. It helped make us feel we were a team vs. a bunch of solo players.

On the miracle 2% spirit increase idea, it seems like it will introduce a bunch more unintended consequences.

The most glaring problem to me is that if on day #1 2000 spirits (based on defaults of 100,000 and 2%) will appear magically in the tree, then there is almost no incentive to go and collect the little 1 spirit sized balls or even the bigger ones. The amount of free spirits magically deposited in the tree for the first week or more makes collecting spirits kind of a waste of time.

Collecting spirits at the end game when the 'magic deposit' amount is less still has meaning.
  • Zlax wrote: »
    You nerf walls before fixing aoe damage going through walls...

u know how to read man? "Bombs, Creatures, Mounts no longer hit through other objects (including shields)."
  • Toranes wrote: »
    "
    The capture points changes are fine but who wants to make PvP if you need to farm 20-30 minutes after you die in PvP cause you cant callect enough ressources in your personal stash to craft multiple gear sets. Maybe 1 or 2 gear sets but this is much to less.
    Look how it is in rust. There you have enough storage capacity to craft many gear sets IF you have spend a few hours in farming.

In rend its not possible to spend hours in farming to be able to craft multiple gear sets to make a whole day PvP and day multiple times simply because the personal stash is much to small. Thats the main reason for my why the PvP in rend ist shit at the moment. This shit cost many many PvP interested players.

On the server I last played on, we had players designated to crafting gear. If you lost your gear while PvP'ing, you had plenty of gear to grab from the stronghold of the same strength. This has not been a problem for me so far.

• Hannya said:
    Zlax wrote: »
    You nerf walls before fixing aoe damage going through walls...

u know how to read man? "Bombs, Creatures, Mounts no longer hit through other objects (including shields)."
    They updated the patch notes.... man
  • How much is the bonus to factions that have not completed a research technology when another faction has?
  • Bomb was bug doesn't deal dmg
  • Darinth wrote: »
    Toranes wrote: »
    True but that would be easy to fix if they increase the max needed spirits. 200k or 300k spirits need for win would fix the problem very fast :)

Actually, that would be completely ineffective as the spirit gains are all % gains. With that said, simple changes to those percentage numbers can easily tweak things as emphaze said. Also, I've realized my math is indeed off. Capture points don't grant 0.5% of the total spirits needed for victory, they grant 0.5% of the remaining spirits needed for victory. This means that as you get later and later into a saga, capture points become less and less useful for the purposes of gaining spirits and other methods will have to be employed. Unfortunately, that also makes calculating minimum saga length a lot more difficult and I don't have the time to put together the spreadsheet I'd need to make to actually calculate it within a reasonable margin of error right now. It could be done more precisely with calculus, but I hate calculus and a spreadsheet can calculate it within a reasonable margin of error.

The minimum saga length is probably closer to about 41 days given these figures, but that's a quick guestimation (the middleground between 50 days which is the minimum for only getting the 2% gain and the 32 days minimum ignoring the diminishing returns on the capture points)

I wrote a simple spirit calculator..
    https://pastebin.com/QuCU6ErA
    It's html, you can read the code, download it if you want and open it with your browser. It's mostly for playing around with the numbers, maybe for comparing to see who wins in scenarios like if one faction has 3 outposts but only 40k spirits and the other faction has 0 outposts and 50k spirits. Or to help with deciding what settings to use on a private server.

It's probably not 100% accurate but since it doesn't include spirits gathered by players there's no point in being exactly accurate on the other numbers.