The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Need xp and rewards for crafting intermediary components not only final items

I noticed that many items such as cement and many others don't bring any reward (eg xp, faction points, etc) when crafted. On top of that some of those elements require farm of quite many different items, hence require several runs of farm to be done.

As a consequence nobody naturally make sure enough stacks are available when needed. It's kind of a shame that people for example upgrading walls get all the xp of those crafting cement or bricks which are the most time consuming tasks.

This may require a rebalancing / review in next dev stages.

Comments

• One could argue this is because you get rewarded exp for things that take time . you got exp for example when you cut down the trees for sap and broke the rocks for crumble stone.

but crafting the cement is kind of fire and forget.. you just queue them up and go about your business.. therefore you are not really investing extra time.

Well not proportionally more anyway unless for some reason you are inventory crafting things. Thus even if you were to get exp .. it would be a pittance just like hitting rocks or trees is kind of a pittance
  • DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    I think the more important pressing need is rep for gathers, but rep for crafters is also important when it comes to weapons, armor, and certain consumables.
  • Well you get very little xp for hitting rocks and all stuff required for cement compared to xp you get for upgrading walls. I gained 2 levels just by upgrading like 30 walls to T2 while I got almost nothing for farming and crafting all components. I'd like to farm and let others do the architecture stuff without being so much at disadvantage on xp front. That's all. And same situation applied to many other intermediary elements.
  • One thing is the XP, another is the contribution points you get. This is a bigger issue early on, when most people dont have personal crafting stations. So often you will gather a big load of stones and set them to be cut, only to come back and find that someone else picked them up and added them to the walls, thus giving them alot of contribution and you nothing. Even though you did all the work and they did virtually nothing.
  • I agree 100%.

Additionally, the idea that farming stone, throwing it one the ground, then farming some more is the best way to farm research is ridiculous.

"I've learned so much about construction from hitting and dropping these stones in the thousands!"

That SHOULD be the best way to level up "Stonecutting" but it shouldn't be the best way to farm sparks.
    Make sparks something that come increasingly with each step of the resource processing.
    Make all resources something we actually use rather than toss away because we only want sparks.
    Tossing away resources should be considered a waste at every point of the game.
    How do you kill that which has no life ?
  • JeromeGr wrote: »
    As a consequence nobody naturally make sure enough stacks are available when needed. It's kind of a shame that people for example upgrading walls get all the xp of those crafting cement or bricks which are the most time consuming tasks.

This may require a rebalancing / review in next dev stages.

This is a painfully true statement having been left to this role on multiple servers thus far. While it shouldn't be a major gain in xp it should at very least provide an increase in faction ranking with roughly the same xp gain as maybe 1/2 of the xp gained for the gathering of the materials used to produce the components while at the station used to craft them. incorporating a limited arange at which these crafts can be performed may also help, Essentially creating a Housekeeper type role to the mix.
  • I agree 100%.

Additionally, the idea that farming stone, throwing it one the ground, then farming some more is the best way to farm research is ridiculous.

"I've learned so much about construction from hitting and dropping these stones in the thousands!"

That SHOULD be the best way to level up "Stonecutting" but it shouldn't be the best way to farm sparks.
    Make sparks something that come increasingly with each step of the resource processing.
    Make all resources something we actually use rather than toss away because we only want sparks.
    Farming&Tossing away resources should be considered a waste of time at any point in the game.
  • I agree 100%.

Farming&Tossing away resources should be considered a waste of time at any point in the game.