The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 2.1: Patch Notes

We’ve been closely monitoring player feedback and gameplay over the past week and are introducing a number of balance changes as a result in Patch 2.1. It also clarifies the purpose of the outcast system, highlighting what constitutes legitimate use from abuse. This game update resets all spent character points.

General
  • All Talent and Skill Perk points have been reset. You may respend your earned Talents (hotkey: N) and Skill Perks (hotkey: K).
  • Added a confirmation dialog when outcasting a player: "Are you sure you wish to outcast PLAYERNAME?".
    • Also added a notice to the confirmation dialog. "Abuse of the outcast system is a bannable offense. The outcast system is for players who are actively and intentionally damaging the faction. Being a new or inexperienced player does not constitute damaging the faction."
    • If you suspect abuse of the outcast system, please contact our Support Team.

Balance Changes
  • Increased effectiveness of armor in PvP.
  • Increased effectiveness of early weapons in PvP.
  • Harvesting
    • Significantly decreased amount of harvest damage increase given per skill rank.
    • Reduced material cost of Crumblestone Sledge recipe.
    • Increased swing speeds of siege sledge hammers by 25%.
    • Practiced Skinner: Decreased movement speed buff from 5% to 2%.
  • Crossbows
    • Increased early damage of crossbows slightly.
    • Crossbows now take considerably longer to break.
    • Increased aim-down-sight (ADS) zoom for easier long distance aiming.
    • Greatly increased stationary and running hip fire accuracy.
    • Greatly increased stationary and running aim-down-sight (ADS) accuracy.
    • Rapid Fire (Crossbow): Reduced damage per shot by 15%.
  • Repeaters
    • Repeaters now take longer to break.
    • Added small aim-down-sight (ADS) zoom on Repeaters to give visual feedback for aiming.
  • Shard Blasters
    • Greatly increased Shard Blaster PvP effectiveness.
  • Ammo
    • Arrows
      • Reduced Stone Arrow damage from 8 to 5.
      • Reduced Sharp Stone Arrow damage from 10 to 7.
      • Reduced Thornwood Arrow damage from 12 to 9.
      • Reduced Crystal Arrow damage from 20 to 12.
      • Reduced Sharp Crystal Arrow damage from 25 to 15.
      • Reduced Runeoak Arrow damage from 50 to 25.
    • Bolts
      • Reduced Roughwood Bolt damage from 3 to 2.
      • Reduced Crude Stone Bolt damage from 6 to 4.
      • Reduced Bronze Bolt damage from 12 to 7.
      • Reduced Iron Bolt damage from 16 to 10.
      • Reduced Crystal Bolt damage from 20 to 12.
      • Reduced Skyfall Bolt damage from 22 to 18.
      • Reduced Sharp Crystal Bolt damage from 25 to 15.
      • Reduced Divinite Bolt damage from 40 to 28.
    • Darts
      • Reduced Crystal Dart damage from 14 to 6.
      • Reduced Razor Crystal Dart damage from 14 to 7.
  • Armor
    • Mirewalker: Reduced HP from 25 to 18 per piece.
    • Swampstalker: Reduced HP from 35 to 20 per piece.
    • Darkhide Leather: Increased HP from 12 to 20 per piece.
  • Consumables
    • Elixir of Recovery: Significantly reduced regeneration amount (was too powerful in PvP).
    • Elixir of Warmth: Now properly adds 40 cold resistance.
    • Greater Draughts: Now properly lasts for 20 seconds.
    • Greater Elixirs: Now properly lasts for 30 minutes.
    • Berserker Draught: Bonus physical damage reduced to 30%.
    • Thundergod’s Draught: Bonus lightning damage reduced to 30%.
    • Elixir of Agility: Decreased move speed buff from 10% to 5%.
    • Greater Elixir of Agility: Decreased move speed buff from 20% to 10%.
  • Archetypes
    • Razing Shot (Warlord): Reduced damage conversion to fire damage from 15% to 7% per rank.
    • Master of Poisons (Assassin): Reduced poison conversion from 20% to 10%.
    • Shadowstep (Assassin) no longer teleports the caster. It now grants superior stealth with 100% increased movement speed for 2.5 seconds.

Temporary Changes
  • Looting a friendly corpse no longer costs 500 faction reputation. This cost will be implemented again when we introduce the consent option on the respawn screen in an upcoming patch.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug which caused mounting a pet to remove debuffs.
  • Damage increase from Halcyon Sniper now only applies to Bows as intended.
  • Impact visual effect on characters now properly displays blood.
  • Cragrock Blaster no longer breaks extremely quickly.
  • Elixir of the Shrouded Lands now buffs damage to the intended amount.
  • Player corpses no longer count as faction containers.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing some weapon affixes to grant excessive critical damage.
Tagged:

Comments

• [WADR]MagenZion[WADR]MagenZion ✭✭✭
    edited August 14
  • JotaCeJotaCe ✭✭
    Thanks for remove the -500 f.p. looting a teammate.
  • All good changes, Thanks for listening.
  • Great patch, this may change the PVP alot , cuz atm only bows were being used.
    edited August 14
    ... ok
  • I like the changes! Good job!
  • How can you nerf every arrow except silver arrow which is the only arrow anybody uses. I'm not sure what "Increased effectiveness of armor in PvP." means but I can guarantee with 80% pen on arrows + pen on bows then whatever you did to buff armor is meaningless anyway.
  • edited August 14
    idk why but whenever i look at the updates all i see if nerf nerf nerf, if other things are weaker why not just make them stronger? Makes everyone happy that way cause they don't get to see their class or favorite weapons becoming weaker than before all the time. Assassins been getting nerfed repeatedly for the last few patches, should a class get nerfed for being good at what its meant to do? just make the other classes better at their job to compensate.
  • Was the elixir of warming increasing your body temp too much?
  • SliferSlifer
    edited August 14
    Also I think you guys nerfed the tools too much. It takes about 7-8 secs to break crag rock and I'm stone cutting 30 with T3 tools.
  • good changes, happy to see crossbows get some attention
  • since you are in the nerfing mood, then nerf the amount of damage done to potential tames in the spirit world. im killing them with a spirit bow and base level spirit arrows, as well as the blue variant of the taming effectiveness gun, which does like 40 damage.
  • Seems like Heat and Cold resistance postions were nerfed too? how do you survive in t4 area now?
  • Activating with Yggdrasil became very difficult ... I think that it is better to shorten the span to win if it plays repeatedly Players are bored for the next season if it is 1 to 2 months standard
  • edited August 15
    Why doesn't locking in a class and taking 5 levels in a skill give me the ability to go into hot and cold areas without super armor and potions? Seems like Pathfinders Acclimation need a boost?
  • Yea and locking in Assassin should allow me to one shot kill players with a flimsy bow.
  • I'm saying the Acclimation skill doesn't seem like it works as intended. Our pathfinders with that skill die just as quickly as the rest with the same armor. Not saying that they should be able to run around naked and not get cold.
  • Cyrius Lee wrote: »
    I'm saying the Acclimation skill doesn't seem like it works as intended. Our pathfinders with that skill die just as quickly as the rest with the same armor. Not saying that they should be able to run around naked and not get cold.

I noticed the same thing. Myself and friend had the same amount of cold resist from gear and my 25 from pathfinder(80-105 and we both die, we both add a piece and we are safe the problem is we added and that took him to 100 and now he was safe but at 105 I was dieing. Seems as though the pathfinder trait isn't working properly.
  • Cyrius Lee wrote: »
    I'm saying the Acclimation skill doesn't seem like it works as intended. Our pathfinders with that skill die just as quickly as the rest with the same armor. Not saying that they should be able to run around naked and not get cold.

I noticed the same thing. Myself and friend had the same amount of cold resist from gear and my 25 from pathfinder(80-105 and we both die, we both add a piece and we are safe the problem is we added and that took him to 100 and now he was safe but at 105 I was dieing. Seems as though the pathfinder trait isn't working properly.

The totem that supposedly adds resists also seems to be bugged in the same way.