The official Rend servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Announcing Rend Alpha

On fansites and forums, Discords and Reddits, even at conventions and on airplanes, we've been asked one question above all others: "Are we there yet?"

Today, we proudly answer: "Yes, we are there!"

Our Rend Friends & Family test is expanding into Rend Alpha, a major milestone for the game and one that we're certain the community has many questions about. While previous playtests have been focused on game client readiness and server stability, Alpha is all about gameplay and your insights as survival genre fans. This feedback-driven stage of testing will not be covered by a non-disclosure agreement or NDA: we encourage our Alpha testers to discuss the game and share their experiences in Rend with the greater community both on the official forums and external channels.

Read more at https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/announcing-rend-alpha
Tagged:

Comments

• Please use this thread to share your questions about Alpha with us! We'll collect them, answer them, and post them as a news article later this week.
  • When do the first round of Alpha invites go out? Was it today already, has it not happened yet?
  • By other channels you mean that its okay for us to stream our gameplay?
  • I would agree it appears there is no NDA and "external channels" would be Twitch/YouTube friendly
  • Yeah just need details / download link / key :)
  • My god...we're finally there.
  • This is in the announcing rend alpha article. 

This feedback-driven stage of testing will not be covered by a non-disclosure agreement or NDA: we encourage our Alpha testers to discuss the game and share their experiences in Rend with the greater community both on the official forums and external channels. Our Alpha forum is public for all to read and engage in but with a small caveat.

Instead of an NDA, this test phase will begin under a strict (but brief) media embargo as announced in December, prohibiting the publishing of Alpha screenshots, videos, and streams by players. This temporary restriction will help our team position and maximize opportunities for Rend by leveraging the game's new content and visuals, such as biomes, monsters, and game mechanics, for exclusives and features with press outlets timed to coincide with our release roadmap.

Read more at https://www.rendgame.com/news/article/announcing-rend-alpha#AUMcqLhtGqvakMeG.99
  • edited May 2018
    birdalert said:
    By other channels you mean that its okay for us to stream our gameplay?
    Jackroyal said:
    I would agree it appears there is no NDA and "external channels" would be Twitch/YouTube friendly

Rend Alpha is not under an NDA but is under a media embargo.
  • Those of us who got into pre-Alpha by contests or giveaways, should we be expecting Alpha keys via email as well?
  • Scapes said:
    birdalert said:
    Jackroyal said:
    I would agree it appears there is no NDA and "external channels" would be Twitch/YouTube friendly

I saw that caveat after I posted that comment  :s
  • Incredibly exited for this game, after the amazing experience in following Dauntless go through all its phases I would love to have a closer look at rend too, and with any luck i'll be able to get a key at that! 

Good luck to all you Keypetitors out there.
  • So Psyched for this game! I believe that this could be the next great pvp survival game! As an experienced Ark and Rust pvper I know the ins and outs of a survival pvp game, from what I have seen and read I think that Rend has the cabalility to be the game to conquer them all! 

• edited May 2018
    Rhade said:
    Those of us who got into pre-Alpha by contests or giveaways, should we be expecting Alpha keys via email as well?

If you've received Pre-Alpha emails from us, you should receive an invite to Alpha. For those folks who got in manually and may not be in our records, definitely reach out to us to chat.
  • Hello, I have been paying attention for a long time. Today is my birthday and I hope to get an activation code.
  • hi, i was hope to play this, i think this will be a fantastic survival game.
  • pls give me a chance to test this great game, thx!!
  • I have not seen any gameplay footage from the game yet. Taking part in nowadays craze about Battle Royal, and the fact that a friend described your studio as being ex-blizzard and ex-riot games employees, I did not need more explanation to sign up for the alpha. Great website, stunning visuals, beautiful lore, I only wish you the best of luck to the team ! Keep strong, give us stories to talk about.
  • Same here, I'm so hyped! Hopefully I'll get a key for the Alpha!
    Keep up the good work !  =)
  • Scapes said:
    birdalert said:
    Jackroyal said:

Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up. Regardless, so excited about this game :D
  • @Scapes said:
    Rhade said:

Those of us who got into pre-Alpha by contests or giveaways, should we be expecting Alpha keys via email as well?

If you've received Pre-Alpha emails from us, you should receive an invite to Alpha. For those folks who got in manually and may not be in our records, definitely reach out to us to chat.

Why not chatting inside the game, building our great Order faction collecting the lost souls from whisps? :)
    Ho yeah because we need a key for that :'(

I didn't find anything in the wiki specifying a difference between factions except the mindset described and the color ^^
    So mine will be Order! Brutal and proud!

Which faction will you choose? Will we be allies or will I gather your soul during next reckoning ^^?