The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

[COMPLETE] Official Server Downtime and Rollback: August 10 @ 3:30 PM PDT (UTC-7)

8:15 PM PDT

All official servers have been updated and brought back online. We will likely have a small hotfix in the morning, details TBA.

Huge thanks to our Early Access players for their patience! Please share your feedback with us so we can make Patch 3 even better.

7:30 PM PDT

We've brought up most of the NA and EU servers and are continuing to update and bring up all of the official servers as fast as our hosts allow.

ATTN: Worldsfall and Thunderborne Players

We have issued bonus AP to your characters to use for reaching ascension. This process will be automated as of Patch 2, thanks for your patience while we fixed this bug.

5:45 PM PDT

We are starting to bring the official servers back online as they update with the new Patch 2 build. No client patch is needed if you already patched to Patch 2 earlier today.

5:15 PM PDT

The official servers have been rolled back to the savegame just before they were updated to Patch 2. The new Patch 2 game update is done compiling and being tested internally. It will be applied to the official servers when cleared at which point we'll reopen the servers.

4:30 PM PDT

We're currently estimating the downtime will last another 3-5 hours depending on how rapidly the new game update takes to compile and the servers take to update to their previous savegames.

Players who were out in the wilds (away from a base) when the savegame was captured will be safe from the elements until they log in.

3:30 PM PDT
Early Access warriors, thank you for the rapid reports of personal stash space issue. This is due to a Patch 2 change made to how the number of extra stash slots from research are calculated.

Since we have already received player reports of lost inventory items due to this change, we are going to take the official servers offline and roll back the server savegame files (yup, our servers have savegames like a single-player RPG). We are preparing a new version of Patch 2 that does not include the stash slot change.

This will require some time: approximately two hours for the build and a few hours to restore the official servers to the last savegame state before today's update. We'll bring them online as they're each updated.

We tremendously appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. We know that waiting to play is a headache but we want to correct this issue for everyone, even if that means some temporary downtime.

This forum thread will be updated as we progress through the rollback process.
Tagged:

Comments

• wait up, i just looted 2 enemy players i killed, now that loot going to be rolled back?
  • asmodeius wrote: »
    wait up, i just looted 2 enemy players i killed, now that loot going to be rolled back?
    Its reminds me Deadpool vs. Thanos comic ;]
  • So what is the expected time the servers will be restored?
  • Thanks for the update guys. Wonderful game and some great patches and updates coming through so fast!
    Any chance on having the Official Server delays (or any downtime delays on servers) posted on the Server Login list for others that are wondering why they cant find their Server? Just a suggestion for the future and to help out those that don't check the forums.
    Cheers <3 :3
  • asmodeius wrote: »
    wait up, i just looted 2 enemy players i killed, now that loot going to be rolled back?

We'll be rolling back to the server savegame from up to 60 minutes before the official servers went down for Patch 2.
  • edited August 10
    So what is the expected time the servers will be restored?

The new Patch 2 update will take another hour or so. We've taken down the servers now to avoid confusion and prevent further progression that will be negated by the rollback. This also allows us to back them up to their last pre-Patch 2 savegame while the new update cooks.

All told, we anticipate between 4-6 hours of total downtime but this may take longer if there's an issue with the new build.
  • 4:30 PM PDT

We're currently estimating the downtime will last another 3-5 hours depending on how rapidly the new game update takes to compile and the servers take to update to their previous savegames.

Players who were out in the wilds (away from a base) when the savegame was captured will be safe from the elements until they log in.
  • TotharTothar
    edited August 10
    I know that a lot of people are going to end up in a precarious situation upon re-logging because of the rollback. I personally don't mind the rollback and agree with it being the right thing to do. However, when I re-log I'm going to be in the swamp, and I'll probably die and end up needing to search for my body. Is there any way for the players to be moved to their Divinity Seed upon rollback?

Edit: Honestly, just finding your body in the swamp is difficult period. Is there any planned updates around finding bodies? Could we add a tracker, or a hot and cold style locator?
  • Please add in there the ability to keybind my gaming mouse buttons. I can not keybind the side buttons or the scroll wheel being clicked in. You will be best Dev's ever if you can make this possible!!! GREAT GAME BTW
  • Hey there,

Thanks for the update. I'm curious as to if we could perhaps get some compensation for the downtime. Not saying it is required, but it would be pretty cool to maybe see like 3 hours of double xp or something.

I also would like my mouse buttons to be able to be a bind like the guy above me. 

Thanks again guys for the hard work. This is a great game thus far.
  • 5:15 PM PDT

The official servers have been rolled back to the savegame just before they were updated to Patch 2. The new Patch 2 game update is done compiling and being tested internally. It will be applied to the official servers when cleared at which point we'll reopen the servers.
  • edited August 11
    @NE-Titanium Isn't it enough to get the game back as quick as possible?
  • Tothar wrote: »
    However, when I re-log I'm going to be in the swamp, and I'll probably die and end up needing to search for my body. Is there any way for the players to be moved to their Divinity Seed upon rollback?

Edit: Honestly, just finding your body in the swamp is difficult period. Is there any planned updates around finding bodies? Could we add a tracker, or a hot and cold style locator?

We do plan to add better corpse tracking in a future update. For now, your character won't take environmental damage until the moment you log in, giving you time to flee to safety.
  • I'm curious as to if we could perhaps get some compensation for the downtime. Not saying it is required, but it would be pretty cool to maybe see like 3 hours of double xp or something.

While I appreciate the desire, any changes to the XP gain would skew how the servers progress, something we're paying close attention to and balancing based on the results.
  • 5:45 PM PDT

We are starting to bring the official servers back online as they update with the new Patch 2 build. No client patch is needed if you already patched to Patch 2 earlier today.

ATTN: Worldsfall and Thunderborne Players

We have issued bonus AP to your characters to use for reaching ascension. This process will be automated as of Patch 2, thanks for your patience while we fixed this bug.
  • @NE-Titanium Isn't it enough to get the game back as quick as possible?
    As I said, just a thought. 
  • Tothar wrote: »
    I know that a lot of people are going to end up in a precarious situation upon re-logging because of the rollback. I personally don't mind the rollback and agree with it being the right thing to do. However, when I re-log I'm going to be in the swamp, and I'll probably die and end up needing to search for my body. Is there any way for the players to be moved to their Divinity Seed upon rollback?

Type /loc
  • South America server's still down? How much time :cry:
  • Fergus ™ wrote: »
    South America server's still down? How much time :cry:

South America do have server? really? i didnt know
  • Teorema wrote: »
    Fergus ™ wrote: »
    South America server's still down? How much time :cry:

South America do have server? really? i didnt know

Yes, we have 2 hahahaha