The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Early Access Patch 2: Patch Notes

2»

Comments

• Instead of -500 hit, why not a party system the negates the -500 hit and can loot corpses?
  • BigFig wrote: »
    Meram wrote: »
    We currently have a griefer stalking our NA West Gorewulf Server Conclave. Name Drizzit. Logs in during non-peak hours, takes all the stuff he can and drops it to destroy it. We know he has put the most valuable stuff he could get before we knew what was happening, and used his personal stash for it. This has been going on for a couple days now. We have to wall off access to chests now, and never leave items in accessible chests. We've killed him 100+ times, and faction hits apply. We need a means of dealing with this, and I don't think the Outcast system will do it; it may, and I hope it does, but imagine if an Elder went rogue over a personal dispute? You could log in to a Faction Base that has been completely wiped.

At least one Elder should be voted into that position by the players on every server Faction team during the first 24 hours.

We have seen exactly this on our server, but where it was quasi-organized by one of the opposing teams. We too have to store everything now in Elder chests. It is a huge waste of time and a horrid chore for the elders to have to manage all the inventory.

Even the Outcast system does not seem able to fix it, as the damage is long since done when the griefer is discovered and made Outcast.

This will be even worse if we ever get good inventory management where we can "transfer all" from a crate to our inventory and visa versa.

Make an Alt. Join a server when no one is online. Grab everything in one click, drop. Rinse. Repeat.

@BigFig WTB warehouse. :disappointed:
  • STILL waiting on Keybindings Fixes.
  • Awesome notes. Please add the option to be able to keybind your gaming mouse buttons. Can not currently keybind my side buttons or clicking in the scroll wheel. Thanks
  • so with this patch somehow my faction rep went from being warlord with elder status, To kin with default status. Is there a reason why this would happen?
    i know faction reputation rank Warlord to Chieftain was changed but why did it reset me to kin?
  • xXVlVXx wrote: »
    Awesome notes. Please add the option to be able to keybind your gaming mouse buttons. Can not currently keybind my side buttons or clicking in the scroll wheel. Thanks

Use your mouse brands software and you can do whatever you want. Like Razor Synapse, or Logitech's gaming software.
  • Do we know whats happening with the AUS servers as they cannot be seen in the offical server listings.
  • Do we know whats happening with the AUS servers as they cannot be seen in the offical server listings.

All official servers should now be back online.
  • Scapes wrote: »
    Rakunvar wrote: »
    Item: Divine Heavy Leather
    Divine Heavy Leather craft creates Divine Medium Leather currently. Multiple tests and people attempting.
    Frequency: Every time.
    Severity: 4
    Specs: N/a
    Cannot create any armor/items with Heavy version of Divine Leather

Item: Rat Eye.
    Explanation: Rat Eye for items such as Master WhisperWire Repeater cannot be found currently, seems to share same name/different ingame icon of another
    Frequency: Every time.
    Severity: 4
    Specs: N/a
    Cannot create any items that require Rat eye.

Adding a few additional changes that were missed in the notes, including the fix for Divine Heavy Leather.

Rat Eye is likely a misnamed item and will be fixed in our next game update.

Thanks a ton!
  • edited August 12
    Should implement a player optional menu or something to choose whether the looted player wishes to penalize the Thief or ignore for trusted friends
  • FaithFaith
    edited August 12
    Scapes wrote: »
    The Outcast System is designed to remove bad actors who are trying to destroy their own faction.
    This system should be amazing, but it has just opened the door to abuse. The Outcast system is a positive step towards the community being able to police themselves, BUT it also enables anyone in the faction to be kicked and killed for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rend is meant to be inclusive, and maybe it is if you happen to be one of the first dozen people on the server, but any and all excitement about purchasing the game and logging into the official servers for the first time is instantly lost when within the first day of starting out someone initiates a Outcast vote because it is Reckoning night and there is "too much at stake to have new characters choking up the faction". 10 Minutes later I am kicked from the server because I no longer have any right to take up one of my factions 20 spots, meaning I can't even play the game...

Has done nothing wrong = can't play the game... can't even queue to play the game......

How exactly is that a "bad actor who is trying to destroy their own faction"?

As crap as that feels in the first place, matters are made worse by this little inclusion:
    Outcast status carries over between sagas
    because
    Outcast status lasts for 24 hours on the first successful vote, 72 hours on the second successful vote, and is permanent on the third successful vote.
    Meaning that I now have 1 of a possible 3 strikes against me which is never going to be cleared unless I go to a new server - where, let's be honest, it is likely just going to happen again.

I am all for implementing a policing system, but find a way for it not to be a holistic abuse of power that can ultimately be used to punish players that are starting out or someone who has done nothing wrong.

• DarinthDarinth ✭✭✭
    "too much at stake to have new characters choking up the faction" is the attitude that concerns me. I still overall like the system, but this is definitely one of those rough edges that may need some work.
  • Is this the patch that broke the "Blisterwigs" in the swamp because my entire faction on Draugerbane and others have all had an extremely hard time navigating in the swamp even with iron siege armor. The blisterwigs, once they burrow they half your health, even before shadowstep was changed it didn't help,you could even be on an elk already a mile away after it aggrowed, but it locks on and halves your health. The swamp was already hard but manageable. Which made it challenging but fun. But this goes overboard when even the best players die in really good armor to only one thing in the swamp, let alone all the other things. You don't need to make the swamp easy just please fix the blisterwigs. If they burrow make it more like a frabbit and just appear a foot or two away or like allidons, not this heat-seeking missile blisterwigs that will absolutely kill you if you get caught. No one likes a game mechanic that there is no counter measure for.

They were fine before just please unbreak it thanks.
2»