The Rend Early Access servers are online. Please share your game feedback and bug reports with us!

Rend Alpha Known Issues and Solutions

edited August 2018 in Bug Reports
This thread lists known issues that Alpha testers have encountered along with workarounds to resolve them. It will be curated through the test.

Ascension Points and Unlocks
  • There is currently an issue with ascension data importing preventing unlocks made on one server from being migrated over to another server.
  • Currently, only Ascension Unlocks can be exported and Ascension Points are bound to the server they were earned on. We will be making Ascension Points be shared between servers in a future game update.
  • Unlocking the same Ascension Unlocks on different servers will not grant stacking bonuses.
Error Code 20006
  1. In your Steam directory, navigate to: Steam\steamapps\common\Rend\EasyAntiCheat
  2. Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe
  3. Select Rend then click Install Easy Anti-Cheat.
  4. Run the game and see if the error persists.
Unable to Run Game Client
This may be caused by some outdated DLL files.
  1. In Steam, go to Library
  2. Right-click Rend
  3. Select Properties
  4. Select Local Files
  5. Click Browse Local Files
  6. Navigate to Rend\Otherlands\Binaries\Win64
  7. Delete any DLLs files found there
  8. Run game
Keybinding Fix for Pre-Alpha Testers
If this is your first time playing Rend since Pre-Alpha, you may find that your controls in Alpha aren't working as intended. Here are the steps to take to resolve this issue.
  1. Close the game
  2. Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Otherlands\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
  3. Delete the Input.ini file
  4. Restart the game
Game Menu Screen Resolution Too Large to Access Options
  1. Navigate to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Otherlands\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
  2. Delete GameUserSettings.ini
  3. If it isn't in that directory, navigate to \Otherlands\Saved\Config\WidowsClient in your Rend installation folder and delete the file there.
  4. Run the game.
If that doesn't work, try:
  1. Right-click Rend in your Steam library and click Properties.
  2. Click Set Launch Options and enter "-windowed ResX=1024 ResY=768" (or whichever resolution you'd like) in the popup, then OK.
  3. Run the game.
  4. While focusing the game client, press ALT + Spacebar and then M to activate move window mode.
  5. Use the arrow keys to move the game client window to a position where you can access the Options and change the game resolution.

Let us know if you still encounter any issues!
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi, I too am having this issue and i have posted already about it. Unfortunately i have tried everything that was shown to solve this issue including all what the Devs have tried to direct me to but its not working. I am going to do a full uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps? I dont know but not sure what else to do. I have had the game now for a few days now and not been able to access it. If i dont soon be able to get in, i will have to remove it until i know this issue is solved.
  • The last step worked for me. Going into launch options through steam allowed me to set my screen settings. I closed the game, deleted the command line and then started. It is now working :)
  • Hi I fixed it. At least on mine. Nothing else worked from the fixes that i seen. So i went into Steam/Rend/Properties/local files/browse local files/otherlands/Binaries/Win64
    Then here is where i had to change the instructions to make it work. I right clicked on otherland client-Win 64-Shipping exe- itself and use the Windows tool to change how the platform opens. I selected properties/compatibility/ then selected the deselect disable display scaling on high DPI setting. and checked Apply. I also went into the Steam properties on the game and selected the windowed setting. So now when i start the game it all runs normally. Hope this helps. for those who are having this issue. But now i have a new problem, It says that i am not authorized to access the game when i was given the steam code to download? If not i would not be able to get this far? I seen the servers before but now they are not showing up since i changed the resolution. So although i am able to see the beginning page now, i cannot access the servers for the server button is greyed out. The only thing i can do is use the options and quit button. I still need help. :(
  • A fix i had with screen resolution was to put windows screen zoom back to 100%. and that fixed the issue
  • local238local238
    edited July 2018
    It appears the resolution will not set properly for me in Fullscreen Mode when I delete the command line in Steam Launch Options and relaunch the game. Windowed Fullscreen did work, just follow the above workaround and add a few more steps.

1. Right-click Rend in your Steam library and click Properties.
    2. Click Set Launch Options and enter "-windowed" in the popup, then OK.
    3. Run the game.
    4. Select Options.
    5. Select Screen Resolution and choose Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
    6. Close Game
    7. Right-click Rend in your Steam library and click Properties.
    8. Click Set Launch Options and delete "-windowed" in the popup, then OK.
    9. Relaunch the Game.
  • The fix I have found for the resolution issue is:

1) Before opening the game, right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings"

2) In the Scale and layout section, there will be a drop down for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" Change it from the recommended value of 150% to 100%

3) Launch game.

I am unsure but this issue seems to be 4k and possibly a windows 10 issue. Also, you can recreate and solve the problem by closing the game and changing the settings again.
  • Hello friends, the application was submitted for the game on March 9, 2018, along with friends, friends wrote a key to e-mail, but I do not, my box [email protected]
  • When I harvest resources, they don't despawn from the world. IE. Chopped down trees don't disappear.

This leads me to a wild goosechase trying to find resources as most have already been harvested.
    Any known fix for this?
    It didn't happen the first time I logged in, but when I exited to main menu to find the discord link and right after rejoined this became an issue.

As I'm writing this I've had this issue for five minutes, then suddenly stuff disappeared off my screen.

Did you fix it before I managed to post the comment? Well done.
  • what about loud sound when harvesting tree and rock ? even master volume to 0 still hear those sound suepr loud.
  • what about loud sound when harvesting tree and rock ? even master volume to 0 still hear those sound suepr loud.
    Yeah ive been having sound issues too when gathering, sound totally flickers out for a fraction of a second... 

Should be resolved as of this latest update.
  • JiHardOn wrote: »
    When I harvest resources, they don't despawn from the world. IE. Chopped down trees don't disappear.

Should be resolved as of a few patches ago.
  • @Scapes since today patch are you aware of the issue about getting non stop kicked out of server when opening a chest ? the game freeze for couple second and then go back to main menu.
  • Ascension Points and Unlocks
    • There is currently an issue with ascension data importing preventing unlocks made on one server from being migrated over to another server.
    • Currently, only Ascension Unlocks can be exported and Ascension Points are bound to the server they were earned on. We will be making Ascension Points be shared between servers in a future game update.
    • Unlocking the same Ascension Unlocks on different servers will not grant stacking bonuses.
  • Awesome game support and communication from developers. But, please, modify or change the -500 faction reputation when lot a teammate, yesterday me and other guy went to hunt some animals, he dies I looted him to bring him back their stuff and I lost 500 f.p. please,implement a system that allows us to save teammates stock without lose f.p thanks in advance.
  • hello, me friend have a bug, he can't see the server list, (no filter change, EAC start with the game, steam online) did u have a tips for repair this bug ? thanks ^^
  • I can't run Rend Alpha.. Somebody know why ?
  • Deleting messages is okay. Okay.
  • So I repeat: no fixing of evading animals everywhere for no reason, if you don't stand still